Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Perhaps it’s time for a players only meeting

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by The_RH_Factor, Nov 3, 2019.

1. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    I’ve read several places where the players said they didn’t do what they should have done.

Time to take responsibility and win the last three games?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no idea what they would say short of promising to make every game the most important game of their lives...

I said if before and I'll say it again... pushing sleds at the end of practice are a vital part of in-season workouts, like squats are in the off season. But I highly doubt that we're doing any of that.

3. GaGator1

GaGator1 Junior

Dec 6, 2015
    The offensive linemen in particular could use some daily into the night physical training

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Or some better coaching......

• Come On Man x 8
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  5. GaGator1

GaGator1 Junior

Dec 6, 2015
    Or as in the defensive side New coaching??

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  6. concreteguy_21

concreteguy_21 VIP Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Upstate SC
    I'm the new guy here, I concede, but I'm pretty happy with the year we've had thus far. I'm very disappointed in the loss yesterday, but at the beginning of the year, I never expected to be going to Atlanta and playing the West for the SEC Championship.
    As bad as we played at times yesterday (especially the 3rd and longs we kept giving up) we lost by a TD to a team LOADED with 5 star talent and a quarterback that has played in big games.

Respectfully.

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

There are other places to continue rannts about coaching....

How about letting this thread stay on topic?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. WhattaGator

There are other threaeds for folks to rant about coaching....Kindly don't hiujack this thread...allow for different topics.

Greenard and a few other players admitted that they "didn't get it done",... so perhaps they might have to come to terms with that, and commit themselves to not let it happen again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    Player's only meetings are typically best when there is vast underachievement, or when the morale is bad.

I don't think either is the case.

Actually, I think we're overachieving right now considering all factors.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. GaGator1

GaGator1 Junior

Dec 6, 2015
    Nobody is disappointed in the season
    What they are disappointed in is having that opportunity and for some reason the staff being unprepared for this game, the defense not playing up to par and the unbelievable amount of time it’s taking our injured players to return. You would think at some point their injuries would heal. Not griping about the players themselves just the amount of time it’s taking them to get better.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    The bitching about coaching needs to stop. We were going up against clearly more talented football players. While we were 4-7, they were in the national championship having almost won the whole thing. Their recruiting has obviously surpassed ours by a wide margin for awhile. Both our lines got their asses beat nearly every down. But yea let's blame our coaches because that makes a ton of sense.

• Winner Winner x 19
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Atl_Gatr

Atl_Gatr All American

Oct 5, 2007
    Which injury do you think should have had faster healing times? Honest question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. concreteguy_21

concreteguy_21 VIP Member

Sep 6, 2019
    Upstate SC
    What's "up to par" for this defense, Friend?? They aren't as good as we thought, clearly. We've gave up 3rd and LONG all season, not just yesterday. Fromme is still a pretty good QB.

Look, I don't want to argue, or go back and forth with my Brothers and Sisters. I didn't post to even to get my 2 cents in. It was more therapeutic for me to do so. I feel lousy about the loss too.
    All the best and Go Gators.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Did you see the defensive coverage and the open field tackling in this game? Yes, there is plenty for the players to talk about. But that should be coming from the coaches.

I want to see a hybrid defense instead of the crappy ZONE defense. Top two players/receivers we go man to man and then zone the field with the rest...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I guess our coaches don’t have faith in their ability to execute. They played safe and kept the game in front of them. As bad as our 3rd downs were, we only gave up 24. On a good note, Swift didn’t eat our lunch and they had to convert a lot of 3rd downs in the first place. I certainly thought we could’ve done better there but our secondary is clearly not as good as many of us thought. We gave up 24. If we were more aggressive, we may have given up some big plays. Who knows but I wouldn’t be that confident if I was calling plays either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    If you throw something like this up, you need to be ready to be criticized

First of all I can guarantee you that players will “only” talk to each other during the day, text, andgetting ready for practice

Vegas had LSU by 14. vegas had Georgia by seven. each was the better team

Uf #10. Ahead of undefeated teams

Saying something without any kind of facts other than maybe a hunch, is why you got the bacon strips from
    me.

In all kinds of weather

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. WhattaGator

We've been playing through injuries just about every game this year....
    We lose our srarting quarterback for the season and our most explosive playmaker for 6 weeks...plus two of our best defensive players to high-ankle sprains, which they still haven't really healed from...

So...here we go...we're lacking in depth in many positions...
    We now have a starting quarterback who hadn't started a game since his Junior Varsity high school year....
    We have a young and inexperienced offensive line, that's lacking on depth....
    Plus.... those nasty injuries.....

So, What are Coach Dan Mullen and the Gators to do????

We'll go on a 7-0 streak (14-0 from last year). beating a ranked Miami team, and a top 10 Auburn team...
    Our backup quarterback lead the charge in most of those games, impressing many people with his passing efficiency
    Our "O-Line that couldn't", although struggling with the rush protection, still allowed our QB to complete those passes..and, they DID allow our RBs to somehow lead the Country in rushing TDs over 75 yards, with 3 of 'em....

True, we didn't beat the now #1/#2 LSU, or our nemesis...(just yet another top 10 team)...but...

We still have a very good possibility of finishing the season at 11-2....
    Not too shabby fotr a Head Coach, and his staff, who only a year and a half ago inherited a 4-7 team, and not only turned it around, but has exceeded expectations.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm excited to see what this team is going to be like in the upcoming years!

Maybe that's something the players will be talking about.. :D

• Like x 4
    • Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill GC Legend

Feb 7, 2018
    I liked what Tebow said after the UF loss to Ole Miss. You will never see me work harder...

I can only hope our guys say that.

But Tebow had a different standard.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Tebow's standard was set by the same man, Dan Mullen. Yes, I'm sure he overachieved that standard, but, these guys are answering to the same offensive coordinator. I've seen some under-execution at times this year, but, I can't think of a case where I've seen anyone's effort level lacking. By all accounts, most of these guys have trained hard all year, as well, and the ones who didn't have moved on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Links?

• Agree Agree x 1