Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Per TOS Gray has been fired in addition to English

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by crl, Dec 31, 2020.

1. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Honestly had they just taken care of business against lsu 90% of the anger would not be present.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Hopefully not next years d

3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    My original question was whats different about the recruiting? 3 years in and not many of Mullens high school recruits are lighting the world on fire. We have folks crying over 5*s because that's been shown to be a pretty good route to winning championships.
    I'm not worried about next year, but I am worried if we are talking about winning a championship. Our offense is almost certainly going to take a step back. Our defense doesn't appear ready to take the next step back to a legit defense.

4. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    I am not sure the offense goes backwards very much. The passing game will for sure... but...
    The oline will be better at run blocking. I really believe that. Add in a mobile qb..Ej or AR... and dynamic running backs..Lingard and Bowman. Defenses will have to commit to stopping the run. If they play man to man on the WR..the qb run will eat them up. That is one reason Trask ran better against Alabama...they ran m2m a lot.
    Ej and Ar will only have two reads to make. The O will be simplistic and faster. We won’t throw for 350 every week, but we will run for 150 and throw for 200-250.
    At least I hope so.

• Like Like x 3
  5. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think RidgeTop is correct. Teams will have challenges figuring out who has the ball. Lot of misdirection plays. Would expect EJ and two backs to play often in a Rainey Harvin type offensive scheme or setup. Should make the running game more successful and open up some passing lanes as well. I think Wright and Bowman have the most big play ability and elusiveness. Maybe use a Davis more as a WR if our WR group can’t step up.

6. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I agree. We will have a dynamic running game next year because that is where our playmakers will be. Jones/AR are a viable run option. I would put Lingard/Davis in for jet sweeps, and Pierce/Bowman/Wright as RB. Hopefully throw in the TE shovel pass (you know, an easy pass that our current TEs could catch), and a 1 read passing attack that is either there or not...

7. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    I agree thats the hope. And I agree that the run game will improve greatly. I just am not sold that we will score as much.

8. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Come on man.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Winner

10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m hoping that our slower, more controlled offense will keep the ball away from their offense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    How long was Dabo at Clem before they won a title?

12. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Won't matter if we still trade scores. Unless we can go on a 30 minute scoring drive in one of the halves. Muschamp's dream.

13. ozgatorfan

ozgatorfan Senior

Apr 12, 2007
    Beat UT, UGA, F¢u. I’m happy. Everything else is gravey. I wasn’t born yesterday.

14. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    The 2021 OL with Gouraige,White, Equaban, Braun, and Tarquin no only could be the best in Mullen era, but the best since Tebow SR season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    Ummmm. I never called for firing Mullen, just for the record. I never said he's on the hot seat, just for the record. You're the one who's saying Mullen is "single-handedly changing college football." I disagree. I've said many times that I think CDM is one of the best, if not the best offensive minds and QB coaches in college, but that hardly qualifies as "single-handedly changing college football."

My post from Dec 17th (below) pretty well sums up my view, although I now think even less of Grantham than I did then.

As a fan who's been attending UF football games since 1976 when I was 10 years old, I've pretty much seen it all - the 0-10-1 season, "run Lindsey, run", all the way to national championships. I'm well aware that we're fortunate to have Mullen, and have been steadfast in that view here on the forum - especially given our most recent staffs, however, that doesn't mean we can't share our opinions about where he can improve the program (defense, recruiting) on a forum designed for sharing opinions, without our character being impugned, or our intelligence called into question. I have no idea how intelligent you are, nor do you have a clue how intelligent I am, so I won't dignify your hammer to the head comment with a response of any kind since this forum is about sharing opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  16. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Who?

17. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    A miss spell Equakun if you were trying to be a smart ASS.

18. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
  19. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Who?

20. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I do not agree with you about Mullen's recruiting being so bad. It isn't

But I have said it before, and I will say it again, McElwain's recruiting wasn't nearly as bad as people on this board suggest. He inherited a complete train wreck and brought in enough players so that Mullen could cobble together a team. People here prefer to ignore the facts and insult his teeth or bring up that photo shopped shark hump.

We will not have the explosive passing attack next year, but we will have a more balanced offense and better offensive line and an offense more in line with what Mullen wants to run. The D, however, is something I cannot project.

• Agree Agree x 2