Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pelosi is Defiling Her Office

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8rnbft, Feb 5, 2020.

1. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You didn’t like the response, eh? Well I didn’t like the speech. That speech lacked decorum and appropriately so did her response. Republicans have lost all ability to criticize decorum. Say what you want about Obama Bush and Clinton but they had decorum. If Trump is re-elected I wouldn’t invite him to speak if I was her. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nate Boyer

3. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Why do I have to keep going over this? I'm. NOT. a. REPUBLICAN.

If you know that, don't address me while responding to what republicans think. I think his speech and her response were terrible for different reasons. I addressed that in my first f'n response. I'm so damn sick of having to tell you people that I'm not a republican. Either put me on ignore or address me as an outsider with their own opinions. Otherwise, I'll simply start putting you and any others on ignore who feel the need to address me as if any of my positions come from any Republican or Right wing ideology.

There are people who don't take a side and just see things for what they are... I'll give you a minute to compose yourself after hearing that bombshell.. SMFH...

By the way, I'm on record many times here saying I'd rather have a lifetime of Obama than one more term of Trump... but please do continue with your misguided BS.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  4. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    I served in the military too and I think it's disrespectful. I know a TON of current and former military who think the same thing. I don't care if Nate inspired him to do what he did. The majority of military I've spoken to about it think its disrespectful. I get it though, Nate has the media attention and he's on your side so his opinion trumps anyone else's. That's to be expected when talking about anything political. Damn everything else, what fits my sides agenda? I'll go with that....

5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    At least now you looked it up and will have to readjust your argument to reach the same conclusion

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Looked it up? Don't be condescending. Just because I'm not impressionable and I don't subscribe to one side or another, doesn't mean Im not informed. Lets try to be grown ups here. I served in the military. I find it disrespectful. You want to use a political pawn to make your argument ok. I've PERSONALLY talked to actual former and active military who are also offended. Guess what, we take the flag seriously unlike some of you... I'll stop to not get banned... use your imagination for the rest.

Fact is, you don't know a damn thing about what the military thinks about it and if by some slight chance you are former military, nobody from your division likes you or talks to you about anything outside of what your duties are.

Again, take your condescension and bark up someone's else's tree.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You seem to be frustrated tonight. Note to self: gatorchamps0607 doesn’t like to be in anyway associated with any party. He is perfectly neutral. Got it. Good discussion.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    As a baby boomer who has been saying the National Anthem all his life, I don't ever remember it being about the military. It was about the flag representing the nation, its history and its freedom. As a kid saying it before school, I wasn't think about soldiers. No one ever mentioned it being about the military.
    There have been protests before, of course. The raised fists at the 1968 Olympics. Abdul-Rauf sitting down before NBA games in the '90s.
    There were plenty of people of upset of course. It cost Abdul-Rauf his career. It got his house burned down.
    But I don't remember the outcries being all about the military and how dare you disrespect them. Maybe I'm simply misremembering. But it seems to me that this is was a new outrage created with Kapernick's protest.

As for me, I don't think it has anything to do with the military and those who lost their lives in battle.