Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Pelosi: "Don't mess with me"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatorknights, Dec 5, 2019.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Donald Trump calls someone a liar. You can't make this stuff up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Donnie being Donnie.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  4. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    I was reading something the other day where the author wrote, "no sentient being thinks this is not about politics" (well more or less). I thought "dude needs to read THFSG". They BELIEVE! Truly BELIEVE!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. staticgator

staticgator GC Legend

Nov 27, 2016
    Currently at Sinclair. Previously at Fox News but left after sexual misconduct. No, I'm not making any of that up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    that doesn't reflect the moderate pubs/indys that I associate with at all. I'd say that at least 80% of them that voted for Trump now regret doing so and they only did so because the dems ran Hillary. Sample size 15 - 20 people.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    got a link for that quote? Here is what I found from Reuters

Explainer: How U.S. public opinion has evolved on impeachment of Trump

The latest poll, conducted Nov. 25-26, found that 47% of Americans supported impeachment, including eight in 10 Democrats, one in 10 Republicans and four in 10 independents. It also found that 40% of Americans opposed impeachment, including one in 10 Democrats, eight in 10 Republicans and five in 10 independents.

But the reality is that impeachment should not be about a public opinion poll. If we defer the enforcement of the rules in our constitution to a public opinion poll we are truly a banana republic with no basis in the rule of law anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I was wondering why you just used the most circuitous questions, then I looked it up:

Do Americans Support Impeaching Trump?

There isn't a poll in the last two weeks where impeachment and removal was tested and split out with independents included in 2 weeks and where just impeachment was tested in three weeks. So they may oppose an impeachment inquiry for anything short of outright lawbreaking, but it appears that at least enough of them view outright lawbreaking as having occurred if they are being consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Obstruction of Congress is lawbreaking last time I checked.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I defer to our legal experts, but I did run across this gem on the intrawebs.

43 U.S. Code § 104 - Disobedience to subpoena

"Any person willfully neglecting or refusing obedience to such subpoena, or neglecting or refusing to appear and testify when subpoenaed, his fees having been paid if demanded, shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, for which he shall be punished by indictment in the district court of the United States or in the district courts of the Territories exercising the jurisdiction of district courts of the United States. The punishment for such offense, upon conviction, shall be a fine of not more than $200, or imprisonment not to exceed ninety days, or both, at the discretion of the court: Provided, That if such witness has been prevented from obeying such subpoena without fault upon his part he shall not be punished under the provisions of this section."

Crimes and misdemeanors? No way!

11. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Didn't care for Pelosi the first time around, but she's killing it this time. She owns Trump. Wish I could vote for her.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mutz87

mutz87 Leon's getting larger VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    She was not forced to this by anyone. Folks on the right really don't get her. She's much tougher than y'all dare to ever think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    The question implied that a politician must HATE in order to uphold the laws of the land. His question was intended to be spoken more out of personal support for Trump than a question asking about Pelosi's motivation which by the way has been very clear as to why Trump earned impeachment. She has been way more meticulous than I would have been.

14. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    No need to compare nor give a pass as if all we care about is a political party and not an ethical or legal expectation. At one time I thought we all agreed that politics is dirty so why anyone would blow a vein over Trump or anyone else is mind baffling.
    Trump is very deep in impeachment and it sickens me that Republicansare selling their souls for him the same way police officers will protect a bad cop. This shows terribly for a so called "Christian" society and in fact shoots holes through anyone claiming that conservatives are god fearing and on the right hand of the holy one. Just looks and acts bad when support overshadows common sense and brings lowered expectations.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. intimigator1

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Now that is realistic because I could not find in my soul of souls to vote for Hillary or Donald. What a terrible election year. Sad because Trump campaigned like a deranged fool and Hillary ran with unearned arrogance. We deserve so much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    Pelosi said civilization and the planet itself is at stake if Trump was to get reelected.

17. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah, it's another "most important election of our lives." Meanwhile, the fringe left lawyers that dominate the major parties are laughing their way to the bank with their comrades in the media. Just like the next storm will be labeled the "storm of the century."

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    Did it break it down by state? 95% pro impeachment in New York and 35% in Wisconsin might look good in headlines but it is a loser for the Democrats.

19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You may be correct if impeachment was the only issue, it's not. Also keep in mind that support for the impeachment of Nixon increased over time. As far as state polls are concerned, Trump's approval rating is probably a more important indicator than support or opposition to impeachment. In in Wisconsin Trump's approval rating is at a net -14%. In other swing states, it's a also at net negative 14% in Michigan, net negative 7% in PA, net negative 13% in Iowa, and net negative 5% in Ohio, a state that he absolutely needs for reelection.
    Tracking Trump: The President’s Standing Across America

20. altalias

altalias GC Legend

Aug 13, 2008
    Vox.com and The Guardian have both published articles saying that the Democrats are rushing the impeachment hearings because they believe it is hurting them in swing districts.

• Agree Agree x 1