Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Paul George to stay in OKC

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by oragator1, Jun 30, 2018.

1. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Allanon

Allanon VIP Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Now they need to at least keep Corey Brewer and Jerami Grant. Maybe Raymond Felton too.

3. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They did re-sign Grant tonight too.

4. Allanon

Allanon VIP Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Just saw that.

5. ballastpointgator

ballastpointgator Senior

Jun 16, 2018
    Awesome. I'm sure people in LA are freaking out.

6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Glad for Billy. Think they get their defensive minded shooting guard back from season ending injury this year as well. Andre Roberson makes Thunder much better team

7. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    I wonder if they will give credit to Billy for keeping George like they've been shitting on him lately for being the reason for OKC's playoff run and any other problem that happens. Headline - "George stubs toe getting out of his shower" -- Talking heads - "It's Billy's fault".

8. Allanon

Allanon VIP Member

Jan 30, 2010
    They were 2-1 against the Warriors with Roberson. When they settled into playing together they had the second best record in the NBA in December. And then Roberson got hurt.

9. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  10. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator Premium Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Look at all these stars salivating at the opportunity to play with "the GOAT"!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. ballastpointgator

ballastpointgator Senior

Jun 16, 2018
    Lebron is 34 in dec. The window is very small wherever he goes. GS still has two years. Bron will be 36-37? LOL.

He'll never see another NBA finals if he goes west.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    I don't understand why everyone hates Lebron so much. Sure "the decision" was a little bit of a blunder but the guy has done nothing but represent the NBA better than 99% of the players, including the precious sacred Jordan. As a matter of fact, that POS Jordan is a big reason why most of the Lebron haters are so salty.

It's just funny that one of the greatest representatives off the court is so despised just because he's compared to Jordan. It's sad, actually.

It's ok though, I guess a few years after he retires he will start to get his respect.

• Agree x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  13. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Huge for OKC. They have 2 top 10-15 players in their prime for the next 3+ years. Now just need to retain everyone else and jettison Melo after next year or trade this year, then perhaps bring on another superstar. Seems the owners are willing to pay the luxury tax.

14. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    If they win, if they get off to a bad start or things go badly in the locker room I can easily see Billy paying the price for a massive tax hit and not enough wins, certainly won't be Presti.

15. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I just don't love his history of weird antics both on and off the court, and he's constantly throwing his teammates under the bus every time something goes wrong. PG-13 would rather play with Carmelo Anthony and Russell Westbrook in OKC than Lebron in LA, that says pretty much everything in regards to Lebron as a teammate. I call him the 2nd best player ever just so it's clear that I'm not "hating" or "being salty". I just don't agree with this thing where we're never allowed to give an honest observation of him. Why, because he's the best and he has a clean record? That's not a good reason to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    I think it was a no-win situation. Would have been a disaster if he left for nothing considering what they gave up for him. I think they are paying him waaay too much. He is a very good player and probably not bad for a #2, but I really can't see them beating the Warriors or the Rockets.

side note: Signing Melo will prove to be one of the worst decisions in the history of sports (relative to $).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Weird antics... come on. All players at one time or another have thrown their teammates under the bus. Lebron has carried how many bum teams to the finals? This is the problem right here. Everyone just cries over the little things about this guy and trash him left and right for stupid petty stuff. Keep in mind, I'm not saying you're specifically one of them. Maybe you have legit reasons to dislike him, maybe you don't even like Jordan.. However, most people have a problem with this guy just because he's compared to the great one. The guy who is an egotistical piece of garbage on and off the court... Oh but he's clutch.. he's the golden one.

By the way, he just signed a deal with the Lakers, going to the West.. There's another thing to check off the haters list about Lebron being in the east. Now just to get to the finals he has to go through GS. Wonder what the haters will say next... hmm

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Those "little things" add up over time. If you constantly add reasons why people shouldn't like you, eventually people are going to get tired ignoring everything. His popularity will never come close to reaching Jordan heights because Jordan was the ultimate competitor. Whether you liked or hated His Airness, he's the #1 selling athlete of all time because of his undying competitiveness which is the #1 respectable quality in any athlete. Lebron isn't nor will he never be near the competitor that Jordan was. He'd rather someone else take the last shot, put the blame elsewhere, hurt his hand, fire the coach, trade teammates, etc.

You might want to backtrack and think about what your position is when you make excuses for him. In the previous post you said "the guy has done nothing but represent the NBA better than 99% of the players" but you just now said "all players at one time or another have thrown their teammates under the bus". I'd like to know 1. how'd you come up with that statement where all players throw their teammates under the bus and 2. If Lebron is in the 1%, wouldn't he be a better teammate than the 99%?

19. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    So if James was more "competitive" you would forget small antics over Jordan being uber competitive and being a complete piece of garbage as a human being?

Makes TOTAL sense.

How much has Lebron thrown his teammates under the bus? The hate coming from some of you guys is tremendous. Oh but that Jordan guy... awesome, even though he's an actual POS, he's clutch tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorchamps0607

Aug 14, 2007
    Hendersonville, TN
    Exactly.. The great one was such a competitor on the court. However that lebron and his antics, burn him at the stake!