Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Parker Braun Commits to Texas

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Mar 3, 2019.

1. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    I never really got excited about this guy.

Now I’m glad I don’t have to get off the ledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. cubangator

cubangator Junior

Jul 8, 2017
    Mullen has said in multiple occasions that he system would adapt to the talent than the talent adapt to his system.

3. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Allman Brothers - what a great line, and so true

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Yep I use the line about recruiting time each year. Allmans were right

Braun said he has never lost to Oklahoma before and that influenced his decision

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    I feel EXACTLY the same way.
    Shoulder shrug, “unngh”. Back to my originally planned day. Slightly bummed that we aren’t invincible this recruiting cycle.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. missourigator

missourigator GC Legend

Apr 13, 2007
    I just love it. When we think we are going to get a player, he is all world. Then if we lose them, they aren't really any good or we didn't want them in the first place. He was first team ACC, we could have used him but now he isn't coming, we will find somebody else.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Cmon, overwhelmingly almost everyone wanted him and thought he was a loss. But it is reasonable for some to feel he wasn't a great fit.That has clearly been the minority opinion even after his UT decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Junior

May 9, 2015
    apk;

To "piggy back" on your points, it has been said on TOS that Braun wants to redshirt this year so he can gain additional strength and weight. Texas agreed, however our coaching staff needs him this year since we are replacing four starters and probably will not need him as much in 2020. TIFWIW.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    I really did not understand this. Does it take 2 years in Texas to gain strength and weight versus 1 year in any SEC school? Did Paul Johnson not believe in the training table and strength and conditioning program, so his seniors were undersized? He does look undersized, and it is surprising he was able to be all ACC. I would take that aggression he must have at that size any day, but if he really wanted to redshirt to gain weight and/or learn to pass block over two years, we couldn't take him. We need someone this year, and I think that person has to fill in at tackle if not be a full time tackle.

10. GatorStu1

GatorStu1 Junior

May 9, 2015
    Kryptonite;

Georgia Tech runs a Triple Option type offense and Paul Johnson wants his lineman fast and mobile versus big and strong. The only lineman out of Tech, that I can remember, that did not fit that physic was Shaquille Mason (who was much larger than normal).
    The two years in Texas versus one year in the SEC does not have anything to do with what I wrote. Parker Braun decided he wanted a year to reshape his body and get stronger before playing. Texas was okay with that request, we wanted him to play this year. I hope this examples what I meant more clearly.

11. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Isn't this guy listed at 6'2", or is that some other O-lineman I'm thinking about? By the way I was tepid at best about landing him only because of his all ACC accolades., and not because of his size or strength.

But the problem with he red-shirting, if he is, is that his brother might choose to play on the same team too. I do like his younger brother.

12. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    Don't take what I said as directed to you. I understand the take. I just don't understand Braun. His decision is undoubtedly with the NFL in mind, but he shouldn't need a year off to change his body before playing. Btw Nebraska ran much better triple option with much bigger linemen than Paul Johnson used.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1