Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Pardons for Sale.

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorJMDZ, Feb 22, 2020.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know corruption is everywhere with this administration, but does he have to be so obvious?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    One question, where are the Republicans, including Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, who went ballistic over Clinton's pardon of Mark Rich? Apparently, they have no problems with the recent pardons issued by Trump.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    Seems it’s more effective if it’s so obvious.

4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    That gave me flashbacks to the good old daze in the RE/mortgage business. That is precisely how a large segment of that industry operates. Practically a DNA alalysis.

"Loan officer A, if you tell the truth, you're not hitting production numbers and you're fired. Loan officer B, I don't care how you do it, hit your production numbers so I get a bigger quarterly bonus check. Appraiser A, if you won't hit my number needed, I'll never use you again, I'll find someone who will. And I'll tell everyone I know how much you suck. Appraiser B, if you help me out on this deal, you'll get all my business and I'll refer all my buddies to you. Underwriter A, if you decline this loan you're fired and you'll never work in this town again. Underwriter B, if you do me a solid and approve this (sh*t) loan, I'll give you a raise and you can stay and my beach condo at New Smyrna Beach. Title company A, how dare you report those mechanics liens, we needed to close tomorrow. Title company B, if you do me a solid and ignore those mechanics liens, you'll get all my business." And so on, and so on, and so on. Genuis business practices. But since they get away with it without any fear of accountability, with the arrogant cloud of impunity, and the massive cash flows that result, they do it. Bigly. Yugely. Why do they do it? Because they can.

If anyone thinks I'm exaggerating here, think again. I have personally witnessed and experienced this RE bull mierda, and was successful in spite of it. I don't get to travel the world or live in mansions, but I can look myself in the mirror and not have to worry about going to prison. Apparently, in 2020, if you lie cheat and steal bigly, you don't have to worry about prison either, so long as you lie cheat and steal big enough so that you can buy your way out of it.

I had a mortgage broker tell me that HUD (US Department of Housing & Urban Delepment) performed a random audit of his office and tagged him up for $75k in fees (and this was in the early 90's), and arrogantly bragged "this was the best money I ever spent.". He was also the guy who had file cabinets full of blank IRS forms that he and his staff would fabricate for their self employed borrowers. No wonder he was known around Orlando as "the king of the self-employed borrowers" and was named "affiliate of the year" by the Orlando area realtor associaton.

I wish I was making this all up, but I'm not, not even close. And I'm just one guy in Orlando. Multiply that by the entire USA, and see just how pervasive this cancer is.

MAGA baby.

5. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Rachel Maddow is exactly who I look to for information on Trump.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Can't argue the facts, attack the messenger. Can't do either? Pound the table and yell hoax as loud as possible! These must have been two of the biggest lessons taught at Trump University!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    What factual assertion did she make that you disagree with?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Maddow operates on a decidedly different intellectual level than a lot (not all) of the MAGAs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While not exactly objective what she says is probably considerably more reliable than that from the Fox News talking heads.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I never watch her. However, what do you disagree with in that clip? Is what she provided inaccurate? I hope so. Because it really shows how corrupt trump is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Susan McDougal and Mark Rich were very similar pardons for Clinton weren’t they? Trump just Takes it up a notch. And who can forget Clinton pardoning Patty Hearst? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    The Mark Rich pardon was egregiously bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Well, you let dislike for Maddow is really part of blinding yourself to facts. Miliken helped make Peltz rich. Peltz sponsored a dinner where the minimum contribution is $580,000 and raises $10 million for Trump. Peltz sponsors a pardon for Milliken and Trump gives him one. Why don’t you read a little about what Millikan did? Outside of the ordinary pardon process. And he did it for crooks sponsored by other donors. There you go. Absolutely corrupt. And the rest of her discussion about his abuse of office is dead on factual. Once again, you, as Trump’s base, are responsible for the Senators and Representatives who refused to remove him and this conduct. Trump is corrupt. More proof that there is no outrage that Trump can commit that his base will not accept because they are bound to him by in an unbreakable way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I didn't watch it, Ms Maddow lost all credibility a few years back when she had her Geraldo Rivera moment.....I take that back she never had any credibility.

• Like Like x 1
  15. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They were at the end of the Clinton Administration. We have a choice now because these are brazen messages before Trump stands for re-election that he is for sale. And he knows that his supporters will stand for this.

16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Do you care that Trump is granting pardons in return for campaign contributions?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Better than the POTUS that granted pardons to treasonous spies.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    so do you support a potus that will sell pardons for political contributions? y/n

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Define sell, I'm not wasting my time watching Maddow for her definition.

20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Give a pardon to someone because their friend hosts the most expensive fund raising dinner ever for you? Trump got $10M in campaign funds in exchange for the pardon

• Winner Winner x 1