Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Paolo Banchero

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by swampspring, Oct 20, 2022.

1. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    Looks like the Magic may have got this one right. Kid was a beast out there yesterday. Granted, Detroit isn't the greatest, but like the Magic, their roster is filled with young studs who haven't figured it out yet.

He's the first rookie since Lebron to have a 25/5/5 and he looked dominant. His defense could still use some work but we all knew that going in. I'll be honest, I was not a fan of the Magic drafting him because I felt he would end up being a Carmelo-like ball hog who specializes in using his size and 1:1 matchups, but he looked fluid, seemed to open the floor up quite a bit with his passes, and seem engaged from the tip. It's one game, I know, but I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't seem to have any jitters.

As this team develops, and some of the other guys start rolling back from injuries, they have a strong lineup. The entire starting line up showed up last night...looking forward to when Isaac and Fultz get back into it.

Also shout out to Bol Bol. I still think he's going to be a good player in the NBA

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I thought has was the most NBA ready of the top three from the draft.

3. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    That's the thing. I 100% agree, but I thought his ceiling was a lower than Holmgren and Smith. And while he was good at Duke, he didn't give off the vibe that he could be dominant. One game, i know, but he has a huge bag and the size to make teams pay. He doesn't rely on his athleticism to be good, which bodes well for his future, when that will eventually subside as with any player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. chargator

chargator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Agreed, he looks like he’s got the goods to be a really good player. and if a few things fall his way, development wise, who knows. He’s a big guy, and the nba game may let him show more of his game vs college. He does make Orlando more interesting. Once teams start to scout him, it’ll be fun seeing how he handles that.

• Agree Agree x 1