Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Palmetto Recruits

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by florida72, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Langston (Ocala) picked LSU. Something really bad happened behind the scenes. It has something to do with the Brashard Smith decommitment.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Have you let Langston know that he picked LSU?

• Funny x 9
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If we
    only knew, who knows what our opinion might be. We may not agree or we may say let the kid kick rocks. Mullen hasn’t aired dirty laundry and neither have the kids.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Anyone with even a LITTLE bit of recruiting awareness, and the ability to navigate twitter could see every other tweet before his decision was pro-LSU.

Since you don’t seem to have that ability I’ll do it for you...

I’m sure this all means nothing though.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019

I mean he could just be trolling or change his mind, but me thinks thats just wishful thinking.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You probably know that there are leading indicators and lagging indicators. Recruiting success is generally a leading indicator of on-field success.

Mullen has made us better, no doubt. But many here feel that the recruiting is not strong enough for us to take the next step (SEC championship / playoffs).

If you are a rabid football fan, then technically you also base your happiness on what a bunch of teenagers do. To be posting here, you clearly have some passion for the sport.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. hotelgator

hotelgator All American

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    It's the same blind leading the blind in a new thread created only to take shots at UF and the coaches leading this program.
    Most of the replies are regurgitation, just insert a new name.
    Evans was a lock to UF? Seriously this one is not even a Gator fan!! I need to just block this cat, everything he/she types is regurgitated garbage.

HS kids going to a University that isn't UF, shocking.

Unfortunately this is AR nowadays, this stuff or peeps arguing about how many hospital beds are open in Bay county on a recruiting thread.

The moderator checked out long ago. No one has taken the reigns on AR!!

Go Gators

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    I love Dan Mullen, but being objective is more important than lying.

If you get that emotional over recruiting posts you aren’t really paying attention anyway.

If Evans gets on campus (without Covid) he likely comes here.

Please block me, its a forum board and you clealy can’t handle it.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Well it’s been rumored it started with the Brashard Smith decommitment, then everyone started falling off, so I’d just be curious to know what happened.

You’re right though it could be nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Your right on. Momentum wise we’ve hit a wall and others are capitalizing. Seems to have started with Brooks.

as I have said for years....with Florida kids the longer it takes to commit, the less our chances become. Used to not be a very popular take. Seems to suddenly have become more of a realistic take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Or it could be something, just not sure which side I would be on if I knew what was really up. My gues though is I’d probably side with Mullen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Committing to Miami this early is like telling your mom you will not eat cookies behind her back as a child... They lie... they de-commit... BOOK IT!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    No season would help their chances by not showing that garbage team on the field.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Joaqui

Joaqui Junior

Jul 17, 2016
    All of these palmetto kids will continue to get recruited until the loi is signed, maybe even after too. That is why I don’t worry about where any of them are leaning or committing to at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    This year is going to break me. I mean we ALWAYS have bad offseasons. Our recruiting has been poor (relative to our peers) since early Muschamp, and even when recruiting was better we couldn't stay out of the news. A whole year of an offseason may be too much for me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. TEKgator22

TEKgator22 GC Legend

Nov 30, 2008
    VA
    Great point that I tend to agree with. The possibility/liklihood of no football in the Fall is a double whammy for us. Foremost, we are/were poised to make a potential run at the East and the CFP this year with our schedule and our overall positive team outlook. But also is the fact that UM and FSU now get to play the "smoke and mirror" game with recruiting and now pitch that "they are back" and "rebuilding a dynasty" that kids seem to be buying in on. A 2020 football season would go a long way to dispel those myths...

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. mkfgator

mkfgator Senior

Aug 28, 2019
    Can we wait until signing day before we reach final conclusions about how bad this class will be? I think we are currently ranked in the top 10 and signing day is another several months away. Interesting how commitments always seem transitory when a kid commits to us, but is solid when a kid commits to another program.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  19. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Anything said more than 2 years ago does not apply to our current coaching staff. Don’t hold Mullen, Grantham, & Co. guilty by association with anything that happened between 2010 and 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If they come, they come.

If they don't come, they don't come.

One thing is certain. UF will sign a class of 25-27 players who want to win as Gators. All others are Gator Bait!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.