Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Palmetto Recruits

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by florida72, Jul 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. florida72

florida72 Sophomore

Dec 31, 2019
    Ive mentioned before I dont stargaze much but we used to sit very well with this school. Now Marshall could be Alabama bound? So we lose one to Bama and two to Miami.

In considering the ones we were really I'm on.

2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Smith, Collins, Taylor...Miami

Marshall.....Bama

Collier.....Clemson

Book it

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. florida72

florida72 Sophomore

Dec 31, 2019
    Ya, I'm afraid so. This should've been a special recruiting season but with all the DBs committing here made me wonder about Marshall. I also really thought Taylor was coming to UF. 0/6 looks horrible when we were looking 3/6 at one time.

I never thought Miami could shut down South Florida with that program and how horrible they play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020
    Miami isnt shutting down south Florida, We just average at Recruiting and cant get the guys we need. We should be shutting down central Florida honestly with our success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    You should have been nervous when we were "leading" for Marshall and Taylor for MONTHS but they never committed. Yall gotta recognize that going forward. Oh and i bet Langston ends up at LSU too if they want him

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. florida72

florida72 Sophomore

Dec 31, 2019
    I dont expect Langston on this class either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Eggy21

Eggy21 All American

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    Yep, and as soon as it's speculated that Miami has all the momentum, all of a sudden Taylor moves off his NSD commitment date. Funny, isn't it?

Striking out at Palmetto is simply unforgivable. If/when that happens, Mullen needs to take a long look in the mirror.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  8. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    I read somewhere that Smith had contact Mullen about if there was any room for him on the 2021 class, if this was true i assume that he was told that there wasn't, if that was the case, would that had a negative effect on the rest of the Palmetto kids?

9. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's not necessary for this argument to accelerate it to that level. The guy took over a program that was winning .590 in the 7 years after Meyer left, going 4-7 in the last season before he took over, and then finished in the top-10 twice. That happened in the real world.

If Mullen has to take a long look in the mirror for not pulling a couple high school kids out of south Florida, then I'd question his grip on reality. Fortunately, I think he's good.

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea i heard that something went on with this staff in May with the Palmetto kids and things have went to hell with them and us since then.

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. g8r925

g8r925 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 10, 2009
    Immokalee,fla
    Who cares, if you base your happiness on what a bunch of teenagers do then you may need the long look in the mirror. Mullen took over a dumpster fire and righted the ship in a season. I’ll keep trusting Mullen until he shows me I can’t.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Bama Clemson and staying home. Sounds more logical that way

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Damn Bobby next thing I know ur gonna tell my kids Santa isn’t real

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. Eggy21

Eggy21 All American

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    I'm not saying Mullen is a bad coach, if that's what you're trying to get at. What I'm saying is, if he can't out recruit a 6-7 win Miami team for elite talent, then how can we expect to compete with the likes of Alabama, Georgia and Clemson on the trail?

He's got to change his approach, because whatever he and the staff are doing isn't resonating for these top, top level prospects. Because, as mentioned, if Marshall and Taylor felt highly enough about UF to call them their leader, why didn't they pull the trigger and try to get more kids to join them?

• Come On Man x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Your last paragraph is what ive been screaming & noone can answer that for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I agree with you on one thing. If CDM's approach to recruiting is not working then he needs to assess the problem and fix it. Even as his biggest supporter, I can see that there's something wrong with the recruiting at UF. He can't continue to spin the wheels this way and get the same results.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    That's right - only fools let what a bunch of high school football players do affect their mood. Smart, grounded football fans let what a bunch of college football players do affect their mood.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    haha you know me, when i'm down on recruiting, i'm the most negative one on this site lmao. but it's just July and there's a long way to go. We'll be fine overall. You know my thing is, just close on a few of these top end elite recruit. It's NOT asking too much to have two top 50 overall recruits a class, and 4-5 top 100-120 players overall.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I mean this IS a RECRUITING sub forum....

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  20. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Collier will end up a Gator but he is raw and needs work.

What have you guys heard about the conversation in May. All three of Taylor, Marshall and Smith are elite. There wasn't room? This doesn't make sense to me we have 7 spots open.

It just seems like the elite players don't really want to be here, I mean this even goes back to Zach Evans settling on TCU, I thought he was a lock.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.