Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Outside the dugout: What's cooking?

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorLurker, Jul 28, 2016.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Would like to see the pics of these creations.

Lurker - I also have Covid and an in isolation now. Many people I know also have or recently had. Not being covered by the news any longer now that people are self testing (and probably a lot more are knowingly walking around with it and not isolating for at least 7 days). Still quite a few Covid deaths each day (over 250 Covid deaths per day according to CDC).

2. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Heal up.

3. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    After staying healthy for 2+ years my wife and I caught it in Belgium last week. She got it first, and almost recovered, but I think I have another couple of days to go

4. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Funny that my son went into semi-isolation for two weeks before his vacation because he was so concerned about catching it and ruining his vacation. He seems to be doing OK and is fully vaxxed and boosted so not a big worry for him, but my MIL is 90 and keeping her healthy is a top priority.

On a more cheerful note I am making a tomatillo based chicken pozole tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight we’re going to have a freshly made Cobb salad topped with cut up fried chicken tenders. Trying to stay a little lighter in this heat.

TWC forecast here for Wednesday/Thursday high is 105*—I don’t think I want to know what the “feels like” will be…..

The longnecks are ice cold and the wine is chilled.

Life is good in Gator Nation!

• Like Like x 1
  6. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Sounds like a day for indoor jobs in the morning and NCAA baseball in the afternoon.

When it gets really hot I like to make squid salad. The only thing that is any kitchen heat is boiling the squid for about one minute.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Dinner is cooked but accoutrements have not been prepared.

I will only talk about the number one.

I can dice avocados and squeeze lime juice over them.

8. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Tonight is grilled brats and German potato salad. Just showing my Midwest baseball roots.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I’ll be grilling bone-in country cut ribs indirect over cherry wood smoke seasoned with coarse black pepper and Everglades seasoning. Correct, Pat’s Homade on the last two turns.

Inside we will have a freshly made Romaine salad topped with vine ripe tomatoes. We will also have the Four Cheese Texas toast.

The back porch Yeti is restocked and the wine is chilled.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    My Publix has stopped carrying Pat's again. Sigh.

Tonight I am making Thai red curry with beef, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and red bell peppers. With coconut milk and cilantro, of course, over rice. And some fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves to give it that Thai taste.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Today I did lawn mowing at a rental property and got a haircut/beard trim for seeing my oldest son and his girlfriend and parents this weekend. Wife's request. That and NCAA baseball left little time for cooking. Got gyros fro Gyro Plus instead with an order of stuffed grape leaves

• Like Like x 1
  12. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I’ll be grilling center cut pork chops seasoned with coarse black pepper and Everglades seasoning. And of course Pat’s Homade on the last two turns.

Inside we will have a pot of fresh butter peas and pod okra. We will also have a pot of Dixie Lily yellow rice topped with Rotel tomatoes.

The back porch is open and ready for your leisure. The Yeti is restocked and the wine is chilled.

13. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    I had a boneless chuck roast freshly ground @ W/D today so we’ll be grilling hamburger steaks. I like to use Weber’s Chicago Steak Seasoning on our ground beef, it sets it up just right for our tastes.

Baked potatoes will be on the top rack. Inside we’ve got a freshly made Caesar salad and the Five Cheese Texas toast.

The back porch is open (with all of the fans on of course), the longnecks are ice cold and the wine is chilled.

14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Lurk,

Brats were Thursday for me.

Today, fresh Lane Snapper and corn on the cob on the grill.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I’ll be grilling chicken halves seasoned with coarse black pepper and Everglades Cactus Dust. You are correct, Pat’s Homade on the last two turns.

Inside we’ve got a pot of fresh zipper peas, and Ms. Jan is making a pot of stewed okra and tomatoes from fresh pod okra and vine ripe tomatoes. We will also have a pot of white rice.

The longnecks are ice cold and the wine is chilled.

16. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    Wife and I have been having tuna sandwiches lately. We are adding sriracha sauce and diced jalapeños to the standard celery, onions, relish and mayo and it plays. A solid sandwich.

Yesterday was grilled chicken wings marinated for 6 hours in soy and sriracha. Tasted excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Finally back home.

The mom of my oldest son's girlfriend made some nice supper dishes. Good folks.

My wife is making risotto with asparagas before the asparagas we had before travelling goes bad.

My dog was so happy to see me. I took her outside before she peed the floor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Tonight I’ll be grilling bone-in center cut pork chops seasoned with coarse black pepper and Everglades seasoning. Yep, Pat’s Homade on the last two turns.

Inside we’ve got a big pot of fresh green beans and new potatoes and bi-color cob corn.

The back porch is open and ready for your leisure. Adult libations are available as desired.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Making two kinds of tacos tonight. One is chicken tinga and the other is the usual Tex-Mex style except for using soft tortillas.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Combo plates for supper tonight. We are having a freshly baked meatloaf with leftover zipper peas and green beans and new potatoes.

The heat stayed out of triple digits today topping out at 95* but the “feels like” did reach 100*

The back porch is open and ready for your enjoyment (all paddle fans are on). Adult libations are available.

• Like Like x 1