Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Our fan base ... knocking it out of the park!!!

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, Mar 27, 2021.

1. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I Would also take Mike Anderson in a heartbeat. His use of his players, his aggressive play on defense, and the ball movement and player movement on offense, is everything that Mike White is not.

2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Thad Matta comes out of retirement, but because of health issues, he only wants a two year contract, and he wants Mike Miller to be his right hand man, learn the ropes and take over completely after two years.

Hey if we are dreaming, let's dream big.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Stop with the insults of our coach it's a rule's violation and he is still the coach.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    Put Haslem and Bonner on staff just for good measure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Colorado Western Slope
    Mike White will have a big hill to climb next season. I hope he does it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Neither of those need the money and I doubt the desire to want to coach at Florida.

7. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    We would all like to see him shock the world and win the championship but I would be willing to bet that doesn’t happen. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I think he was teasing, though ya never know these days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    I was joking as I think the post I was responding to was sarcastic.

• Like Like x 3
  10. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'll hijack this thread to make fun of a prolific contrarian poster, who says our coaches run off valuable players like Gak by not giving them minutes.

Oral Roberts is up comfortably at the half against Arkansas. Their bench has contributed zero points, 1 rebound, and 1 steal. Only 2 players with minutes. Now that's a short bench. FTR, Arkansas has two subs with minutes, total of six points.

There are lots of ways to succeed, lots of ways to fail. Sometimes, a certain way succeeds in one case, fails in another. Humility about the certainty of one's position is usually warranted, alas, rarely heeded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    At this time of great uncertainty for our program, when there are reasonable questions about what the future of the program looks like, it's good to focus on the important things: fans on another board getting the name of some coaches wrong.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes, it’s critical that I ... a message board poster... maintain my focus.

LMAO!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. fda92045

fda92045 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 19, 2012
    I mean I do think if you're going to call for a coach's head and suggest other names...you should at least know what their names are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 23, 2014
    This is so true. There are so many ways to succeed and based on your talent the coach adjusts. Or not. This is why I support Mullen - he went from his PO roots to adjust to a pass first QB. I want to see Mike White get more from his team than the talent he has because he recognizes how the total can be greater than the parts. That is the growth I want to see this coming year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

You give Grant McDonald's All Americans and near McDonald's All Americans like Lewis, Man, Johnson, Castleton, Blackshear, Locke, Nembhard, Stone, Allen and Hudson et al. and we go to at least a Final Four. You can't compare the the talent that White had riding the wave of Donovan compared to Grant who inherited programs at VCU, Alabama, and Dayton that had done absolutely nothing.

This guy had the above talent and barely made the tournament and NEVER challenged for the SEC title. End of story.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

All of these guys would be better than White and would take our program back to prominence as long as they can handle the pressure of coaching at Florida. Brad Stevens would be awesome. I just think it is unreasonable to expect a guy who has a solid hold in the NBA to come back and have to resurrect a program in turmoil.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. akaGatorhoops

Apr 10, 2007
    Except no one is going to “give” him MCDAA’s... and to date, he has shown no ability to acquire them on his own.

And he has been an HC for 13 years.

Is that not a concern?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I agree. I just don't think it's a big deal.

19. keefer

keefer Dumbass Extraordinaire Premium Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Gator City
    Hey, while we're at it.........what about Teddy Dupay?.........we could focus solely on offense, forget about the damn defense....wait.....sorry, that's Dan Mullen......my bad.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007
    With the way that Bullis was in game threads I would be afraid he would walk of the court in middle of the game.

On the situation as a whole Neal Walk played in the first Gator basketball game I attended and my first football game was a few years earlier. I have witnessed success in both programs that I never dreamed I would witness. Funny how that success has changed me as a fan. I definitely hate losing far more than I enjoy winning and as a result being a Gator fan is not near as fun as it was when a hard fought loss to Alabama in the SEC Championship game and a heartbreaking loss in round 2 of he tournament would have fueled my optimism rather than built my disappointment.

Over those years I have seen some odd coach fan relationships in Gator Nation, but I am not sure any has been harder to grasp than the current Mike White situation. I am not sure there is any situation where perception becomes reality more than in college sports. I have been a big Coach White supporter but have huge concerns with how rapidly the gap between perception and reality is narrowing.

• Winner Winner x 1