Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Other than the 3 national title games I think 32 to 29 is great gator victory ever

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jul 10, 2022.

1. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Kind of like we did in “Run Lindsey “

2. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 Senior

Jun 8, 2007
    I was there for it also. Glorious. Like they were thrown into a wood chipper in the first half.

• Like Like x 1
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    As to 32-29, afterwards my favorite Bowden quote of all time. He shook his head and said “we just couldn’t stop that dadgum Green”. Also, I think that was the game where Spurrier had publicly said they were letting Jacquez run the option as QB at practice, and Bowden said they prepared for that all week, and of course Spurrier didn’t run it once.

As to 14-9, we were there. It was a pretty warm slog and slugfest for that time of year but nonetheless glorious. Afterward my younger brother wanted to let it soak in more so he went out to Archer Road with a scribbled up 14-9 cardboard sign and was doing gator chomps on the grass median. Then he spotted the FSU players/coaches buses driving by so he amped up his gator chomp theatrics and somebody in one of the FSU buses threw a banana at him. He picked it up, brought it back and preserved it in the freezer for quite some time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. locomotion

locomotion Junior

Oct 23, 2018
    35-0 over Bama
    I was in the stands a few rows up from the Bama bench near the 50 (RIP Student section). It's deep in the 4th all hope is lost for the Gumps but one lone Bama fan is hammered and slurring out "rooooooolllllllll tide..." periodically. During a time out it's pretty quiet and the Bama guys stands up for a big ole "rooooooooolllll tide!" and Gene Stallings snaps around and screams at the guy to "shut the F*** up!"

5* Highly recommend

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

91 KY even sweeter - our first official SEC Championship - and the street party on University into the night

6. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    I was 10 so I had to be in bed. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mkfgator

mkfgator VIP Member

Aug 28, 2019
    One I almost forgot about was the 49-10 thrashing we gave Georgia in '08. Several things about that game were memorable. Georgia was ranked #1 to start the season. They thought it was their year, so the fact we won the Natty instead made it all the more memorable a year. Of course, beating Ga was a huge part of it. The timeout Urban called in the final moments of the game was a great response to the BS they pulled the year before. I will always thank Urban for that moment in history. After the game, I remember driving home with my window rolled down begging the Ga fans to not go back to the farm too early because Waffle House stays open all night. I got a couple of fingers for that.
    The next day, my next door neighbor--was was a Dawg fan--was going out to the end of his driveway to get his morning paper the same time as me. It was an awkward moment as we each bent down tp pick up our newpapers . He reluctantly told me " I guess it was a good game." I tried to be nice and told him the game would have been completely different had we not scored 7 touchdowns!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. locomotion

locomotion Junior

Oct 23, 2018
    I was at that game. Kentucky made us work for it...I was nervous the whole time.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

No kidding! I remember standing in Sec 21 saying if we lose this game I’m never setting foot inside this stadium again. Glad I didn’t have to live up to that one!

10. SwampKing1

SwampKing1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    1984 - 27 - 0 over the poodles....

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. always_and_forever_uf

always_and_forever_uf Senior

Jun 20, 2022
    October 12, 1991. Saturday night. Gator Country. UTKnoxville comes in with Chuck Smith and Chris Mims on that d line. We are still sort of reeling for the debacle up in Syracuse. Pundits said we had no chance and could not block them, forgetting our o line of White, Ishmael, Dixon, Watson and Rowell was strong and imposing.

The night was electric. We win 35-18, sealed with Larry Kennedy int return for a TD midway in 4thQ. BHG is literally shaking. Keys ringing. SEC, SEC, SEC!!!

We had arrived. Retribution for the 45-3 whipping we took up there the previous year.

Mark my words, Gators. September 3, in 5.5 weeks, is going to be one you want to attend. We are returning, and we are staying.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    I was listening to that game on the radio in my car and got so excited I had to pull off the road until the game was over. I literally couldn't drive. That one is my number 1.
    My #1 downer game is "Run Lindsey run".

• Like Like x 1
  13. GatorPrincess8

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    I broke an antique lamp jumping up screaming when green got that. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Ha ha. My oldest son was at UF then and at the game He said it was total bedlam.

University Ave was totally blocked because the frat boys pulled sofas out and lit them on fire.

15. always_and_forever_uf

always_and_forever_uf Senior

Jun 20, 2022
    The 1980 UGA game was awful. For sure. It was absolutely hellish leaving Jacksonville that afternoon. God almighty do I loathe UGA. I was just a young'un then, and I held back the tears, resolute in my disgust of anything associated with UGA..

Here are 3 gut punch games with Auburn, almost as horrible as UGA.
    10-7 loss in 89, up on The Plains. Anyone here who was there that night can attest.
    38-35 loss in 93, up on The Plains.
    36-33 loss in 94, here, made me damn near vomit, and I don't drink.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. klgator

klgator Senior

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Haven, FL
    I remember seeing Coach Spurrier at a Gator Gathering in Daytona Beach prior to the season. Someone asked how we would do against Alabama, and he replied, "I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them by 35." He could provide the opposition with bulletin board material, and it wouldn't make any difference.

17. GatorPrincess8

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    That's crazy. Lol I thought we were better than couch burning????

18. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    That is an insult to Fred!

19. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Utah averaged over 35 points per game. Put up 45 points at the end of last season versus Ohio State, 38 versus Oregon, 52 versus Stanford. Teams had to outscore them to win last year.

20. ofmgator12

ofmgator12 Sophomore

Jul 23, 2022
    Anytime we beat half-ass-u and uga is a great win. Back in the sixties fsu came to G'ville undefeated and we hadn't won a game but we won and sent their asses back to where they came from with an undefeated season a distant memory. Then there was the Lane Fenner game where once again we destroyed their hopes at the end. GO GATORS!

• Like Like x 1