Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OT Seminoles bracing for top-ranked test vs. Blue Devils addedthe Sentinel Recap

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Jan 12, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    FSU Basketball
    Seminoles bracing for top-ranked test vs. Williamson, Blue Devils
    By Chaunte’l Powell Orlando Sentinel
    TALLAHASSEE — Florida State accustomed to being tested by ACC power Duke.
    The Seminoles have enjoyed success against the Blue Devils in the past, but coach Leonard Hamilton said Saturday’s matchup between No. 13 FSU and No. 1 Duke in Tallahassee is a little different.

“I think they have a player now that probably is the most phenomenal talent that’s been in the ACC since Michael Jordan,” Hamilton said of Blue Devils star Zion Williamson. “I think he brings a dynamic to their team.”
    Williamson is the reigning ACC Freshman of the Week after finishing with 30 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and four steals at Wake Forest. It was the first 30-10-5-4 game in Duke history.

Slowing down the high-flying Williamson is already a difficult task, but the Seminoles also will have to try to contain the equally dangerous Cam Reddish and R.J. Barrett.

Seminoles bracing for top-ranked test vs. Williamson, Blue Devils

• Like Like x 1
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Probably the only game this season I'll be rooting for Duke.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. llm85

llm85 NBN Bracket Master

Sep 1, 2011
    Naples
    Nerves of steel on Duke's final shot.
    Duke 80-78.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Ohhhh, that is too bad for the noles..... ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. diamondted13

diamondted13 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 1, 2008
    First time I've ever smiled watching a Duke last second win. Now I need a shower because I feel dirty!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Legend

Oct 15, 2016
    Denver
    That was an amazing game. Duke wins on last second 3.

8. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Totally. Freshman drains the game winner from 3 like it was no big thing. Then I think back to the look of sheer horror on Hayes' face when had to shoot free throws at the end of the USC game, like he would rather be anywhere in the world than on the free throw line in that situation and it just makes you think about how some people are wired to only think about how they are going to succeed and others about how they are going to screw it up.

9. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Anytime the Noles lose in anything it's like a little ray of sunshine.

10. BobK89

BobK89 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    They lost. Oh, damn.

At least they have NCAA basketball tournament trophies to fall back on.

Oh....

11. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    College Basketball Duke 80, FSU 78
    No moral victories Plenty of positives for Seminoles after buzzer beater by No. 1 Duke
    By Chaunte’l Powell Orlando Sentinel

TALLAHASSEE — After a crushing 80-78 loss Saturday to No. 1 Duke on a last-second shot, Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton didn’t want to get caught in talk about moral victories.

“Obviously they were extremely disappointed. And that’s positive, because they care about winning,” Hamilton said of his players’ reaction to losing a thrilling game during which the two teams often traded leads. “… I think we’re growing and maturing in some of those areas. We’ve got to make sure we bounce back. We don’t want to take any moral victories away. We had a chance and we got beat by a team that played a little better than we did.”

Still, there were a lot of positives the No. 13 Seminoles (13-3, 1-2 ACC) could take away from the contest. Mfiondu Kabengele was aggressive and finished with a team-high 24 points and 10 rebounds. Phil Cofer looked closer to his pre-injury form, finishing with 21 points, including five 3-pointers.

OT Seminoles bracing for top-ranked test vs. Blue Devils

12. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    OT
    Just because Roy Williams is a scoundrel
    COLLEGE BASKETBALL ROUNDUP
    Cardinals trounce Tar Heels, Williams

Associated Press
    Louisville went from suffering a confidence-jarring loss to handing Roy Williams his worst home loss in 16 seasons with North Carolina.

Tough to explain? Even the Hall of Famer had a hard time with that.

“We never really got into the game,” Williams said after Saturday’s 83-62 loss to the Cardinals. “I’d like to give you a brilliant answer as to why, but I can’t give you that brilliant answer.”

It was as mystifying a performance from No. 12 UNC — which had started league play with two road wins — as it was a strong effort from Louisville following Wednesday’s overtime loss to Pittsburgh.

Louisville (11-5, 2-1 ACC) strolled into Chapel Hill, jumped on UNC early and turned a 43-34 halftime lead into an unexpected rout.

Cardinals trounce Tar Heels, Williams

13. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl