Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Osu star Chase Young, anyone seeing this?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by pd_gator, Nov 8, 2019.

1. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007

Did a booster lend the money to the family friend so he could lend it to him?

2. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    I can’t think of a player opting to quit when his team is still in the hunt for a NC in any sport. I believe it would drop his reputation a good bit but I don’t see him being less than the #2 pick. The Bengals will take a QB no matter what.

3. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    His family friend also got busted for selling steroids

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Acronyms are, by definition, abbreviations. :emoji_nerd:

5. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

If his "family friend" had loaned him, this young college studenrt, a couple hundred bucks, we wouldn't be hearing anything right now....

How big was this freaking loan??... It reeks of booster, and Idoube that anything has really been rerpaid.

It's all a really bad smokescreen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lol. This is what i thought.

Ftr...chase is very damn good and didnt need to risk OSUs season as weil as his own. This kid is a monster no matter which way you look at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Trash ass NCAA back at it again. The day that corrupt organization folds will be a great day in American history.

8. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    YOLO is a acronym, which may also be an abbreviation but all abbreviations are not acronyms. You can say an acronym like YOLO, SCUBA, LASER, etc but not FBI, NCAA, etc.

Had nothing else. :)

9. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Seeking no truth
    Winning is all
    Find it so grim
    So true
    So real

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    As soon as the thread popped up, I knew at some point you would come running with this nonsense, as usual. smfh!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. zanesville

zanesville Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    So, he got paid to commit to OSU and then he got caught. But, he really didn't mean it when he took the money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    "Morgan and Morgan For The Money!"

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    It was probably paid back after it became known. If a thief returns the item he stole, is it still stealing?

btw, the mean ole NC2A did not park him today, OSU did when their in house compliance dept determined there might be a problem. Knowingly playing a ineligible player = forfeited games. The big question is, how and when did OSU first find out about this. Some of the talking heads are saying he may get just a 2 game suspension. The Bucknuts play Maryland today and Rutgers next Sat, obviously that’s just a coincidence.. :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He committed when Urban was coach too. Granted, Ohio State was already a dirty program before Urban. So not sure Meyer brought that kind of dirt to them so much as it was already endemic to their entire program/athletic department.

I still don't think Urban is necessarily dirty, like I doubt he arranged any paydays (or at least i"d be a bit surprised if that type of thing came out as in the NCAA basketball scandals where you have a couple of coaches actually arranging payments). But it's pretty clear he just cares about winning and will look the other way towards just about anything that gets in the way of that. In a way we were lucky he came in, got his 2 'ships, then got out.

15. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce GC Legend

Nov 21, 2018
    Looking like a 4 game suspension.

16. crescent_beach

crescent_beach Junior

Sep 25, 2016
    For those bemoaning the lack of action/enforcement from the NCAA... you have to realize the NCAA is in on all of this. The NCAA likes money too.

17. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    4 games means is college career is probably over. Similar to Bosa. Might as well just start prepping for the draft.

EDIT: If Ohio State is in the playoffs then I could see him playing still. He would be back for the conference championship game.

18. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    He only gets parked for 2 games — Maryland & Rutgers. He returns for the Penn St game. Shocker!

Ohio State star DE Chase Young suspended one additional game, will return vs. Penn State

The Bucknuts believe Maryland leaked this to the NC2A, his HS coach is now on the staff at Maryland. The question is, did the Bucknuts already know about this, and sat on it. Another note of interest is the OSU assistant AD for compliance sits on the national committee that decides these matters. She had to recuse herself but likely has/had influence on and was given favors from her fellow committee members. The whole thing smells.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs All American

Apr 9, 2007
    As the fan of a team who had 2 guys suspended 4 games in the past decade for similar issues and were equally forthcoming, this seems both logical and arbitrary.