Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Open Coaching Positions

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by AgingGator, Dec 3, 2019.

1. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Can anyone explain why Lane Kiffin is considering Arkansas? I'm thinking for leverage personally. But there are rumors that he has a home in Hot Springs Arkansas and likes the state. SMH. What a train wreck that will end up being.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    FSU... And it’s really not close.

Easily the highest ceiling, best recruiting footprint, down conference and not too far removed from 2013 that recruits wouldnt remember. With the right guy, they could turn it around in 2 years. Let’s just hope they go 0 for 2 and screw this one up too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    Not enough Twitter users or people with internet in that state to feed his ego. Lane needs a soapbox and lots of attention. It would be the perfect place for him to repair his image ...but his ego will win that argument every time. I just don’t see it happening

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Clearly an opportunity to get back in the national conversation much quicker and easier than the 3 SEC schools.

The ACC is looking for any opponent to challenge Clemson.

Ole Miss and Arkansas will rarely be better positioned than 5th in the SEC West, while Missouri probably is in the same boat in the SEC East

5. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Yep, but I heard that the University Plane visited Boca Raton already. So who knows what he is thinking. I mean he did coach at UT. :p

Arkansas visits FAU coach Lane Kiffin to discuss open Razorbacks' coaching job

6. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Arkansas is a mess....but at least the fans know it.

Missouri is caught in man's land. Bad recruiting, no connection to the conference, no real rivalries. Just blah

Ole Miss.....probation. Reached for the upper echelon and burned up their wings. Money...Prestige...sort of...but you play in the sec west. Good luck with that.

FSU...I disagree that they have talent.
    D line got zero push. Best saline player is going pro.
    Hamish Nasildeen is injured and maybe a senior anyway. Safeties play was terrible.
    O line is a joke. RB ...going pro. One decent WR...going pro. TE..under developed.
    At this point Ole Miss may actually have a better roster. And lower fan expectation.
    President is short term. AD is short term. Facilities are poor.

Ole Miss may actually be the better option...And that's just sad.

And AWESOME.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Easily FSU even though they have so many issues. Top classes can be recruited there and they only have one team between them and the playoffs. Those other programs are definitely bottom dwellers and the cards are stacked against them to begin with. I’m not sure Urban would ever win an sec title at those schools. I’d bet against it.

8. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hopefully Willie would last 2 years so Mullen can whip him again...

9. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  10. AuldG8R

AuldG8R All American

Dec 11, 2007
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Of course FSU is the best gig. Contrary to what we think of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I think this has to do with the suckage of the Florida programs while OSU, Clemson, Penn State etc have been stronger than in the recent past.

13. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Tampa Bay Times Sports
    USF representatives, Willie Taggart discuss Bulls football vacancy
    The former Bulls coach badly wants a second act in Tampa
    USF representatives, Willie Taggart discuss Bulls football vacancy

Why a Willie Taggart-USF reunion might (and might not) make sense

We know there is at least some interest between the Bulls and their former coach. While we await clarity, let’s weigh the pros and cons.

USF football coaching search: Time for some Bulls bracketology

Who emerges as the lead candidate for the Bulls vacancy from our 16-coach field?

14. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    I know that’s the public story but based on what I’ve heard from family in MO there was a bit more to the story. Not Petrino like things more to the story but things that Pinkel didn’t want to have to fight against while fighting cancer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    Just saw on football scoop that Bill Clark at UAB has not been contacted by any power 5 school that has an opening.

I think what he’s done at UAB is remarkable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    No return of the Willie at USF. Apparently he has now contacted FAU and inquired about their open HC position.

USF: The search for the next USF coach is focusing in on a Clemson coordinator, Jeff Scott. Numerous outlets this morning are sharing that the two sides are now finalizing a deal.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    FSU simply due to high quality recruits in their area.

Arkansas - I thought they upgraded facilities have good financial support.
    Chad was clearly a disaster, I mean you have to win a few games to stick around.

Mizzou - I don't know, I'm still reeling from the fact that a team that was traditionally a doormat can come into the SEC and beat UF so consistently.

Ole Miss - Interesting call here - Seriously they don't seem to be that great when the QB isn't named Manning. Think they just get pinched off between LSU and Alabama and then having to compete with Miss State for what's left over after LSU / BAMA cherry pick the state.

18. GoCocks3877

GoCocks3877 All American

Nov 14, 2015
    T-Rob is being considered for the Old Dominion opening. If he gets it look for DJ Durkin to be DC at South Carolina.

19. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Old Dominion: Penn State offensive coordinator Ricky Rahne will be the Monarchs’ next head coach, sources tell FootballScoop. More here.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    FAU should consider him.

• Like Like x 1