Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ongoing UF Softball Commentary

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by ocalaman, Feb 20, 2022.

1. gatorguy555

gatorguy555 Freshman

Oct 11, 2023
    Commentators said 20 or 21. Can’t remember which. But wasn’t 2013

2. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    In 2021, Carolina kept us from winning the conference outright. We tied with Arkansas because we lost 2-1 in the opening game of our home series with Carolina.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Great meeting gator72 and his brother. The 8 of us have enjoyed them in the Grove before and after the game. We actually had a special guest sit with us last night, certain Freshman QB who is super person and a joy to be with. We are blessed to have these outstanding ladies and our other athletes I have met at SB represent our University. I want to win more than 99% of the people I know but anyone who downgrades any of these players is now on my permanent poop list and as far as I am concerned can leave this board.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    She's not the only one struggling. Taylor Pleasants is hitting .286. Kiki Miloy is hitting .347 which, of course, isn't bad but isn't up to her standard. Just a couple examples. I'm sure there are others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    We aren't the only top 25 to lose yesterday. Tennessee, Northwestern, Duke (lost two at home to UVA), Missouri (lost two to UGA), Stanford, Oregon and Arkansas all lost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Gators close out the season with a really tough stretch. After today's game, we host FSU Wednesday, then go to Georgia for 3, then go to FSU, then close out the season by hosting Texas A&M. Every game is huge starting with today. Goo Gators!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    This play was called obstruction giving UCLA the win over Stanford. This is nuts.

8. ufgator72sb

ufgator72sb GC Legend

Aug 4, 2023
    I talked to Skylar yesterday. She is frustrated that they are not pitching to her. Then, she said that out of her frustration she is making poor choices. She wants to contribute more than just than free passes. She is a competitor!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Legend

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    Our two current freshman pitchers are currently struggling. It is not a talent issue, I think it is an issue of asking to much out of them their freshman year. Kelly Barnhill knocked them dead her freshman year with an ERA of 1.46 in 108 innings pitched. However, she was the #3 pitcher on the team and most of her innings were midweek games and finishing games in which the Gators were way in front. These pitchers are going to be very good but asking two freshman to carry you to the WCWS is way over the top.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Wow. Yet UCLA getting another horrible call in their favor. Stanford should've jsut walked off the field after that.

11. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    It is a lot to ask but I don't think any true gator fan is going to be disappointed in these 2 if they can't get us to the wcws this year. They have taken this load and done the best that they can and I personally think they aren't done. It's not Waltons fault that we didn't get a transfer. Had one literally bought out from under us. Yea we would've had another arm if one hadn't transferred out but her mental game was horrible and I feel like her attitude jsut from watching was bad news.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Hopefully you reminded her she’s a terror on the basepath and her free passes are contributing a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Cassidy is out for the season with what was described to me as a "ligament injury in her shoulder". She was in a full shoulder/arm sling when she appeared in the post game line. Full credit to Ufgator72 who picked up the info at the game today.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. yellowball

yellowball Freshman

Nov 20, 2023
    We needed this win. Not pretty but we got it. Go Gators!
    As an aside I would just like to put out a reminder that when you go to games and post on these blogs parents and players do hear and see your “work”. A little respect and consideration would go a long way. I heard some of the most toxic fans I’ve ever had the displeasure of listening to at today’s games.
    Parents were everywhere around us. What it were your daughter? Just saying.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    These young ladies have grit and character. No matter what happens the rest of the way, never doubt their resolve to play hard for each other and UF. The last 8 games are going to be really hard and I honestly think we need to take more of a staff approach to pitching. Mackenzie Wooten proved today that she can handle stressful situations. She got out of a real mess in the top of the 4th when it could have all caved in on Florida. Brown getting the save was big as well. They're ALL doing their very best, but getting this win today when everything that could go wrong did over the first 3+ innings shows the character and tough mentality of this group.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  16. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Any guess who has Florida's best batting average? It's Mackenzie Wooten. 1 AB as a pinch hitter and she got a base hit. She's batting 1.000!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Vawter got us yesterday but she got what she deserved today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I’m sure she’s crying all the way to the bank.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. urban06

urban06 Sophomore

Dec 16, 2017
    They are trying their best to host a regional. From there it's the little things and some luck. They play together well. Keep being positive and see how it goes.

Parents: It's hard to ignore the "questionable" fans. They have no idea the sacrifice the families make for their kids. All day weekend tournaments, extra coaches, driving,cost,etc. I wish I could add more to this post but it won't be productive. Thank you for allowing your kids to play for the gators enjoy!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. alysb21

alysb21 GC Legend

Jan 8, 2019
    Want to shout out korbe. She is fantastic for us and jsut continuing to improve.

• Agree Agree x 6