Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

One Month and a Week into the Biden Administration

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator715, Feb 27, 2021.

1. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    He had an uncle that was a super genius at MIT. He knows this stuff.

And I don't know how to find the sarcasm emoji.

2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I'd rather have a President who does all of the right things than says all of the right things.

Yes, Trump's words are stupid more often than not. No, that's not a good thing.

I'd rather have that than flirtations with federal mask mandates and pushing to keep schools closed at the whim of the teacher's unions.

Again, folks... We have a binary choice.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    One Month and a Week into the Biden Administration. Certainly some concerns, but at this point I was told the economy would be dead and the suburb I live in would cease to exist.

Manufacturing index grows to highest post-pandemic level

The Institute for Supply Management's Manufacturing PMI, a central measure of the health of the manufacturing industry, rose to 60.8 percent in February, its highest level since the pandemic took hold last year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Whataboutism. Why do you call others out on whataboutism when you so frequently engage in it yourself?

We'd have fewer deaths if we'd had a competent president who actually cared about people. Trump led his base to be anti-mask and to not take covid seriously. Trump freaks will do anything he says, so if he'd urged people to be more careful, it would have made a difference. Instead, he held huge rallies and told people to liberate their states.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I hated it when Trump did it, but paragraph 3 does scream of hypocrisy.

6. tilly

The fact that we all like money doesn't mean it REALLY provides relief in a bigger picture. He isn't lying to point that out.
    I will invest the money into some work on an investment property, but does that really help the country big picture? No idea.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tilly

That you Sheldon?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Not really without details. The article, which, again, accused the Biden administration of putting kids in cages before explicitly stating that they are not putting kids in cages, didn't mention why she was protesting that facility. That facility had substandard hiring practices and massive overcrowding that led to sexual assault, which is why she wanted to protest it. The only way that this is hypocrisy would be if they still had those policies, which the article doesn't address. It is just an editorial board trying to create false equivalencies, to the degree that even they were walking their false equivalencies back in their own article.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tilly

Dude. You said NEVER. Never doesn't have any parameters. You worded it poorly. You were not lying. See how silly it is to toss stuff around?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

You are lying.

He never mentioned a fire.

Liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. tilly

Blake Snell? :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I'm in favor of eliminating the term, "whataboutsim," altogether. Normally it's used as a way of shutting down legitimate claims of hypocrisy or inconsistent standards. Or it's a way of shutting down context. People used the term "whataboutism" constantly for 4 years when Trump was President, so these are the new rules. I tried calling it out, and playing by those rules, but that didn't stop this thread becoming a thread on Trump. I guess eventually, every thread turns into a thread on Trump.

So once that happens, whataboutisms are fair game.

Why do you only call out whataboutism when I do it, but not when half of the other posters on this thread are turning this thread into one about Trump?

Every Trump supporter I know, personally, thinks he's a clown and don't listen to what he says. They support him because they like him on policy. The notion that if Trump just said all of the right things, that would've made a huge difference in how many people died from COVID is ridiculous.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    My 401k and portfolio are banging. Thanks president Biden!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The Lancet, a well respected medical journal, said as many as 40% of US deaths could have been prevented had we done things like mandated a national mask mandate among other things. If you want to limit this to just people who dies while Trump was in office, and not those who got infected while Trump was in office, and cut the Lancet's estimate in half, that's still over 80,000 people. To put this in perspective, that's about one Swamp full of people gone.

Hard to say what might have happened had Hillary been President, but I bet she would have followed the CDC Pandemic Playbook left by previous administrations. And we'd probably be staring at 300,000+ dead instead of 500,000, and wondering if a Trump admin would have done any better.

15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    You seem to not understand the reasoning behind the article headline, or you're just being intellectually dishonest. The "kids in cages" is a reference to media characterizations of the same facilities, a characterization that the writer of this article disagrees with. Considering that the purpose of the article is highlighting hypocrisy, I think that such as characterization as turnabout is appropriate.

Okay. Let's say it was 191,000. 100,000 people have died since Biden took office. If only those people that already had COVID died, that would put the COVID death rate at over 50%, which is atrocious. The reality is that not all of those people were just carryover cases from the Trump administration. Many both contracted and died from COVID under Biden.

16. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    When we did the same about Obama, everyone cried Whataboutism.

No, you don't get to change the rules every time the power dynamic shifts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    This is just turnabout.

Just trying to treat Joe Biden with the same level of scrutiny that you all treated Trump with. And even here, I'm not being as harsh on Biden as you all were on Trump.

If you want to talk about bad faith, take a good hard look in the mirror.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Lol... and I'm the guy with the bad faith arguments. :D

You know what, I don't want to hear another lecture from you about bad faith arguments, again. You're the king of bad faith arguments.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Not going to be as much overcrowding if you're not as strict on immigration.

That's awfully politically convenient if you ask me.

You can tether bad things like poor quality facilities (due to overcrowding), to simple policy decisions like strict immigration policy. So when you use these same facilities, people can't call you a hypocrite because you don't have to deal with the same problems because you're not as strict on immigration.

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Well I guess we'll never know.

We also might've had a "hug a Chinese" campaign like Italy to fight the Corona Virus. We might've called halting travel a form of bigotry.

Italy launched “hug a Chinese” campaign to fight coronavirus induced racism