Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. ATTENTION VIP MEMBERS: Your favorite full color wall calendar with Gator sports schedules is on the way to you in the mail! Expect it in a week or two at most. Questions? Ask here.

Omarosa says she refused hush money, pens White House memoir

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Aug 10, 2018.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I guess we're supposed to think it was good of Trump to give "a crazed, crying lowlife" a job at the White House. The kind of thing that helps us all sleep better at night.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well she said nice things about him. He couldn't be expected not to hire somebody who said nice things about him to a major administration job. He is only human.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    Not sure it’s fair to single out the black people he labels as not smart. That seems to be his go-to insult for anyone who crosses him (Comey was also “not smart” if you’ll recall). It’s already extremely unstatesmanlike for him to wrestle in mud with his detractors. And, in my opinion, the truth of that needs to be enough without casting it in a racist light.

4. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    Quite agree. Let’s hear those tapes and settle who’s lying.

5. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He is farcical. Just keeps exposing himself.

6. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    I’m with you except for the last part. While Omarosa can “prove” she’s telling the truth by producing these infamous tapes, Trump can’t “prove” that no such tape exists. The burden of proof should be on her, first because she made the accusation and second because she has lied in the past (in my opinion) about people using racial slurs when it suited her purpose. If she can’t produce a tape with Trump dropping an n-bomb, then the most likely scenario is that she’s lying again.

7. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    WRT any tapes she claims she has, sure she should prove her case. I'll agree to that.

I guess I was speaking to any other he said / she said stuff. I don't trust her, but I trust him as little as any person can be trusted.

I wouldn't believe either of them, but if a gun was put to my head, I'd go in her favor, based on his track record.

8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    We don't know if she lies or how often. We know he does it continually.

9. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    There is a potential crime there if she has tapes recorded in the situation room. I doubt she would release them if she does have any tapes.

10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So far she has been able to produce tapes. I wouldn't be surprised if tapes with Trump using the "n word" don't show up sooner or later, not unlike the Billy Bush tape in which Trump referred to grabbing female anatomy using a term also synonymous with domestic felines.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  11. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Does it really matter whether he's been caught dropping the N word?

His rhetoric and actions over the past couple of years speak for themselves. He doesn't need to drop the N word to tell you what's he's about.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    She's definitely a liar and a schemer. She was hanging with the right mentor there.

Agree that the big difference, no matter what she does, is that he's doing it constantly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Who is the bigger fool? The liar and schemer or the person who hires her? Omarosa was unfit and unqualified to hold a job at the White House except that she knew Trump and played on his narcissism by praising him. Trump also needed a minority other than Ben Carson in his administration, so Trump gave Omarosa a job she didn't deserve. And in the end, what we got should be no surprise to anyone, except another kind of fool who still may think Trump surrounds himself with all the best people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Didn't she also release a tape of a phone call with Trump wherein he said he'd "heard she was leaving" but didn't know she had been fired (altho not a Situation Room tape)?

If you're in the White House, I think she's already released enough to really make them all wonder what else she has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    No, it doesn't. Trump supporters have seen far worse and haven't cared. Trump opponents simply won't be surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Penn Jillette Says Trump 'Apprentice' Tapes Exist: "I Was in the Room"

Penn Jillette says he knows for a fact that Mark Burnett possesses tapes of President Donald Trump saying disparaging, racist remarks while working on the NBC reality show Celebrity Apprentice.

"Nothing I can say here hurts my career. But for the world the stakes are higher," he told Vulture. "And what I’m trying to do here is tell you the story emotionally without telling you specifics. I would not feel comfortable talking about what I felt I saw in that room — because when I was on that show I was sleeping four to five hours a night. I was uncomfortable. 'Stress' is the wrong word, but I was not at my best."

Still, he did say that Trump, during Celebrity Apprentice production, "would say racially insensitive things that made me uncomfortable." Jillette added that Trump would also make sexual remarks about women that made him uneasy.

18. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Yup. Even if a tape is released of him dropping N bombs I doubt he’d lose many supporters.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Unfortunately I think you are correct.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Racially insensitive and the N word are two different things. I seriously doubt he’s on tape uttering it. It would kill him even with his base. I haven’t lost that much faith in people.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1