Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Omarosa says she refused hush money, pens White House memoir

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I wonder if Simon & Schuster even care though. If she is in trouble, it might not be terrible promotion for her book. Let her go nuts. Claim she is some sort of political prisoner. Sounds heartless, but I doubt those folks really care what happens to her as long as they sell more books.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    As a company, they only care in as much as it could result in having the book pulled from the shelves. I can't imagine they care if she ends up in trouble, as long as they can still sell the book. Like you said, that'd probably be good for sales.

3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The best part of this is that it's so win-win. Omerosa has recordings showing the dysfunction of the White House if she gets charged, it's just another one of Trump's incompetent goons committing a crime.

Also, wasn't Omerosa supposed to Trump's "black outreach" assistant, or some such thing. How great will it be if one of "Trump's Blacks" (as he calls them) goes to jail because of Trump's vindictiveness? How uplifting for the black community ....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Stupid distracting line of reason from Pubs. She recorded being fired not an invasion of Iraq. Woman is the smartest person in DC. You work for Donald you record EVERYTHING. Bet Comey wishes he taped the President. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    If she's the smartest person in DC. all those lawyers should demand college refunds.

6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This admin is so weird.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Some great logic here. I say we let him run the country.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I’ve never been caught on tape...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I love how all these former staff members who were considered "the best people" at one point are now reduced to incompetent losers. I wonder who hired them...

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Who wouldn’t have hired her? Trumps tweet lists out all her qualifications: “because she only said great things about me”. Extreme vetting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kosovo
    Well, you gotta admit he has a point on that last one: The media thought Omarosa wasn’t remotely credible until she started openly criticizing the President. Now we all need to listen to what she has to say, evidence or not.

12. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    Anyone who's seen reality TV knows you a) aren't there to make friends and b) always gotta have the receipts.

13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    SIAP...

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    "@MarkBurnettTV called to say that there are NO TAPES of the Apprentice where I used such a terrible and disgusting word as attributed by Wacky and Deranged Omarosa."

Trump did not get any call from Mark Burnett (just like he didn't get any call from Jimmy Fallon as he claimed). (And of course there would be "no tapes of the Apprentice" as aired with Trump using the n-word.) How do I know? Because Trump says Burnett called him. I would love to see someone ask Mark Burnett. But what's the point? Just to confirm another Trump lie? There are more important things to do in the world than to document the utterances of a pathological liar who would choke on the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't view Omarosa as credible either. I'm highly dubious of her motives and how much you can believe of what she says.

But by comparison, Trump is a pathological liar. It's a near constant stream of deceit with him.

If I had to choose between the two, and couldn't say "they're both lying", I'd have to give the benefit of the doubt to her.

Hopefully there is some evidence one way or another to help folks understand the most likely portions of truth you can glean from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    She doesn’t need to be credible if she has tapes, because the tapes speak for themselves.

Now, whether they are legal or not is a separate issue, as is whether the NDA is enforceable.

These 2 deserve each other-2 of the more vile peas in a pod in recent years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Pretty valid point.

Trump’s Attacks on Omarosa Are Getting Even More Vicious

18. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Since he sued her this morning for breach of the NDA, I’m sure her countersuit for slander and libel will be forthcoming shortly.

Not sure what her damages are because, well, her character already sucks.

19. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It should be noted (if it hasn't been already) that Omarosa is just the latest on Trump's growing list of black people who are "not smart."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1