Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OMAHA!!!!!

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by TJtheGator, Jun 10, 2023.

1. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Thought I read that they no longer have it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    More glad than ever then that Alan played on the 2005 Gators Baseball Team. It was both a privilege and a treat to have witnessed it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    No more college HR derby too.

There was a movement to bring the MLB draft to Omaha to coincide with the CWS… not sure if that fizzled out.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    If we make it to the final series I’ll be heading to Omaha! Go Gators

• Like Like x 1
  5. seaofred92

seaofred92 Freshman

Nov 6, 2017
    For anyone interested in going that hasn’t booked yet- there is a new airline that flies into Lincoln direct from Orlando called “Red Way”.

One way tickets leave tomorrow Thursday the 15th and Sunday the 18th starting at $130 or so a pop. Also have flights leaving Thursday the 22nd and Sunday the 25th. Those prices are significantly cheaper than anything you’re going to find into Omaha and puts you 45 mins or so away from the games upon landing.

Website to book: Red Way Home | Non-Stop Flights | Nebraska's New Way to Fly

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    “Red Way” isn’t an airline. It’s basically a travel agency that charters flights. In this case, the charter company doing the actual flying is “GlobalX”. Nobody is going to buy a ticket from MCO to LNK on a “Red Way” liveried A320 because they don’t exist.

These days, pretty much anyone with a pulse and an ATP can get hired as a pilot by one of the regional subcontractor airlines that funnel into the Deltas, Uniteds, AAs, etc. I dunno who would go work for a GlobalX type company that can’t pay/train what those subcontractors pay/train, let alone a legacy US airline.

You get what you pay for.

7. seaofred92

seaofred92 Freshman

Nov 6, 2017
    Inaugural flight was last week.. some cool video/detail here if you’re an aviation nerd like me:

8. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, good for Lincoln, I guess. Just pointing out that there’s no such thing as “Red Way” airlines, no matter what they try to claim. No big deal. You could also say the Gator baseball team flew “University of Florida Airlines” when they really chartered an Allegiant A319 to Omaha, and it would be equally as accurate.

9. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    Anyway…

Omaha roll call!

Who is going? Flying in today, have tix for tomorrow night… TBD Sunday.

LFG Gators!

• Like Like x 1
  10. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I wish that I could go but my wife and MIL are traveling to visit my oldest and I am dog sitting.

My dream for going to Omaha is to fly into Midway in Chicago, spend a few days visiting family and then taking the Amtrak California Zephyr to Omaha.

• Like Like x 2
  11. nattygator

nattygator Freshman

Oct 14, 2017
    I'm OMAHA BOUND!

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    74, gotta little story for you about Alan when I saw him pitch against the Cane's in 2005. I was living in Gainesville at the time and my daughter went to a day care that was owned and operated by a Miami fan and booster (nice guy). Miami had Ryan Braun at SS and John Jay in CF (they were pretty talented that year). Anyway, Alan was pitching and got us out of a jam, as he was walking towards the dugout after the third out, I was wondering what he would do about stepping, or not stepping on the foul line (you know, the superstition thing!). Anyway, as he nears it, he steps full on it! Man I laughed out loud and yelled to him "Atta baby!" I'm sure he remembers.... Lol :) The Gators won the game and it was a funny thing to see him do that.

GO GATORS!!!!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1