Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Old Joe isn't playing anymore - gets pretty mad when asked about Son and crooked Burisma dealings

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Dec 5, 2019.

1. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  2. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Yes when told something is hot. I do put my hand near to verify. My stove has a red light that indicates hit cooktop after I turn it off. I always wonder if there is a thermometer or a timer connected to it.

3. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Biden 2020 - “Look, Fat”

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Trump's appeal was supposed to be "telling it like it is", though of course in reality Trump is the biggest con man of our time.

This guy was certainly incorrect with his facts, particularly the "You sent your son to Ukraine", and "You sold access to the President". That's not even close even to what Giuliani was trying to dig up, so Biden was well within his rights to call the guy a liar... and unlike Trump, that actually is "telling it like it is".

Now the guy may have simply been an idiot who can barely comprehend whatever "news" he's even regurgitating (similar to that "Obama is... an arab" woman who McCain famously corrected in his town call during that campaign). It probably would have been better for Biden to just assume the guy was an idiot, and correct him with facts... similar to how McCain handled it. Biden seemed to just instantly think the guy was a plant in the audience... or a liar...the guy did claim he "heard it on MSNBC" which I think tipped off he was full of it, there's no way he got that bad info on MSBNC. If not for that aspect I agree with VA's take that Biden should have been more conciliatory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    If he was trying to be like Trump, he would have called it all Fake News, identified Fox News as the enemy of the people, and encouraged his supporters to "rough that liar up a little, I'll cover the legal expenses".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    Does anyone really want a choice between Biden and Trump? I thought 2016 was the worst two candidates possible. If Biden is nominated I think I will just mourn the country I used to believe in.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Said it before, I think Biden has lost it to some extent and he's not my first choice, but unlike Trump, Biden has the self-awareness to realize that he doesn't know everything about everything and would rely on advisors and appointees with subject matter expertise. Trump actually thinks that he is the chosen one anointed by G-d to govern the United States, doesn't take advice from anyone and ultimately fires any of his advisors who express a dissenting opinion after which he very often verbally demeans them after they're gone (see Comey, Tillerson, McMaster Mattis, Kelly and Bolton just to name a few and Mulvaney is probably next).

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    But if a quarter of the people think Biden is the best choice to lead the country and a quarter think Trump is. That means we are a nation of idiots. I don't think we are. Choose better Democrats, your our only hope.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Exactly. First person I have read anywhere that actually understands it

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Biden is a career politician, which means he has a gargantuan ego. I've never called someone a "damn liar" in my life. It never ceases to amaze me what certain people can get away with in Lawyerland.

11. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The guy lied. He directly accused Biden of something that was false. Biden called him a liar. Good for Biden. Liars deserve to be called liars. And it takes true Chutzpah for Trump’s supporters to find fault with Biden for lack of civility. Lies are lies. They do not deserve the dignity that Trump’s supporters want to accord them. Because they want this lie to be true. And stop saying there was an appearance of impropriety. There was none. Don’t give Trump and the liars the dignity of their lie. There is nothing to see here because they make it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I have been called a stop this with links for months.

13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You thought wrong. This is a nation of idiots. Perhaps not a majority in absolute terms, but of the most “politically active” in both parties it absolutely is - politics is a toxic brew of con artists and idiots. This only gets more true the more people are accepting of partisan hacks to guide their outrage.

It would be impossible for Trump or Bernie to have any following at all if we were not a nation of idiots. Yet, they BOTH do, substantial followings. With respect to Bernie, at least he probably is genuine about most of his beliefs. Trump is just a straight up con-man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JerseyGator01

Apr 10, 2007
    Actually, it's a country of rich idiots living off of the government/corporate welfare. Enact real campaign finance reform, which NO ONE talks about, and the rich idiots would slither away.

15. JerseyGator01

Apr 10, 2007
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually read your own linked article? He told the NY Post that he was a Marine Corp vet. I couldn't find anything in the article indicating that his status as a vet was verified. While I don't think Biden should have lost his cool, even assuming that he was a vet his status still doesn't given him the right to push a false narrative.

18. JerseyGator01

Apr 10, 2007
    How can you claim a narrative is false when people haven't seriously investigated it by real-world standards (not DC standards)? I don't ever recall it being discussed on this board when Biden was VP. Linking a so-called Fact Check (he said/she said) article is not an investigation.