Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OL (O-Line) Recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jul 3, 2019.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Completely agree on STA.

• Like Like x 1
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Bobby,

Any update on Banks? Seems like he’s going on 5-6 months injured. Shoulder or something?

3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Man your guess is as good as mine. I haven't heard anything. What class is he in btw? Would he be a senior this season?

4. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Leonard measured 6'27/8 in the spring so he is 6'3" not 6'2". Parks and dummevil are the two I won't most,

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Kid is pretty raw too. So much potential

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    It's going to be hard to get either one of them (I read Dumervil would prefer to leave the state but would always like to stay in the state of Florida fwiw) but at least we're going after them. Mincey and Janvier are projects that will take a few seasons to get up to sniff but Walker, Dumervil, and Parks can play significant snaps as true freshmen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    You right about that. I DO believe that UGA is a bigger factor in flipping him than most Gator fans want to admit. He has LOADS of potential.

Him, Jahiem, and Wingo are the ones I feel have the biggest potential of the current pledges that we have. Gotta hold on to the ones we have

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Dumervile MVP OL at the Opening Finals.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Reportedly the only one who could contain Bresee (for the most part that is)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Hopefully in the next season or two or three, we can put Georgia in the rearview mirror.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    That's the hope. It's weird though because no matter how talented they are, I always expect us to win (outside of 2017). Even last year, I did feel they had the edge going into the game just because they were more talented and we were still working out kinks out but I still felt we would pull out a close one. Didn't happen

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We were close though. Much closer than star rankings would suggest. If our dbs were at full strength it probably would have been different. We looked really bad at times last year, but also showed a lot of improvement. Mullen is getting depth issues straightened out a bit so I expect in the next few years an injury or two may not be so devastating. Our oline is so young now, it could be a disaster waiting to happen early in the year. We did sign a good class though so I expect they will similarly improve like they did last year as the season progresses. Oline should be a strength with this past class moving forward. Maybe not this year but next year should be pretty solid. We will lose a lot on defense after this season and end up young the following year. Getting it together on both sides of the ball at the same time could take a couple seasons. I really like some of our young guys and am looking forward to seeing how they shake out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree 100%. The biggest improvement I want to and expect to see is that we start the game faster offensively. If we can put some of these games away early and get our bench more snaps, it'll help sort out the depth chart. You said the same thing I always preach, the depth is the hold up now. I actually think it's more unproven depth than lack of skill depth at most of the positions on the depth chart.

My eyes tell me that Huggins is our best safety but is stuck behind Dean at the Star position. My intuition tells me that Stone Forsythe is going to be a beast on the OL especially as the season goes on.

Back to the OL though....we have to do what we can to get Walker and Dumervil. Starting with Leonard tomorrow would help the interior even more with Wardrick Wilson's visa status up in the air. I know Hevesy is a solid OL coach as far as developing the talent he's given but yes we WILL need blue chippers (not going by star rating, but by the eye test) to come in and be All SEC types. I had hopes Gouriage would slide into a starting spot this year but he needs another year in the weight room and that's fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Oline takes time as these kids have to play against kids that have been given professional workouts, coaching, and just maturing into adult bodies. Skill positions can rely on skill but the big boys have to have both. If your physically outmatched as most 18-19 years olds are against 20-22 year olds, skill and god given talent won’t help as much. I know myself as an 18 year old bs 22 was a huge difference and I didn’t work out. The same 300 lb 18 year old as a 22 years 300 pounder after 3-5 with Savage doesn’t even resemble the same animal.
    And yea, Huggins has to see the field. I would imagine he’s there as deoth for assurance that Marco is going to be back. If not, we aren’t moving a safety to Star. He’s already getting those reps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think we will be fine at center and guard, but need to bring in some of these top ranked Tackle prospects mentioned above. I’m hoping we get one of the three above, as otherwise may lack the talent to contain the edge rushers in the future

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Somebody good wants that job. Boards change for many teams after the top few teams are full. It might not be who we hope right now but could also be a pleasant surprise. We always seem to come up with a few that we fans didn’t see coming. Probably smart of staff to keep certain things with a lid on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I don't think either are out of the question, and I also am not going to comment on ol and when they can contribute if at all. It's a really tricky position. I see all the rumors but we have Wingo as his teammate in his ear, we have a glaring need and we are on the rise. Parks I think we get. We will see..

18. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    His issue is an undisclosed problem that has given him vertigo. That this much time has passed without him being in full training suggests we can't count on him and should expect a medical hardship since UF doesn't play around with medical issues. He would be a vital piece for stabilizing the OL in a transition year since he could play across the line, but that ship may have sailed.

19. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Been working out with the team

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. 11708cht

11708cht VIP Member

Jun 18, 2017
    I thought it was a dizziness / brain thingy