Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OL (O-Line) Recruiting

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Jul 3, 2019.

1. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Legend

Nov 30, 2016
    Anzalone had never-ending shoulder problems at UF and is still having them in th NFL. Great player when healthy but rarely is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GATOR_4Life

GATOR_4Life GC Legend

Aug 16, 2010
    Marietta, Ga
    I'm pretty sure a kid can take both a redshirt and petition for a Medical Redshirt. That how some stay on a roster for 6 years (Andre Debose)
    I had never heard Parker wanting a redshirt...he certainly didn't get one at Texas. But otherwise this is what I remembered. Always had the feeling that Williams preferred Florida and Rivers preferred Miami. The moment that I started hearing that they might go to different schools, UF suddenly cooled on Williams. Always seemed like we would take both as long as it was a package deal, but no way we wanted to end up with Williams and without Rivers.

As far as Dumervil goes, I don't remember hearing his name tied to UF until August or so. Whether that's because we started seriously recruiting him, or because it's the first time he showed any interest in us, I just don't know.

Hindsight is 20/20 but imagine if we had gotten Parker. We could have had a decent O-line. We might also never have discovered Trask. Funny how things work out sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Can’t get this year back if it’s burnt no matter what the future holds.