Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Oil tankers attacked in Gulf of Oman, U.S. Navy says

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:57 AM.

1. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f6f41ec3c04_story.html?utm_term=.3aecfb698cf1

Another news report I read said they were "torpedo attacks". Oil prices are surging today.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    As I posted in the other thread. Reports of oil prices dropping, than BAM an attack. False flag by OPEC to drive up price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm not one who cries "false flag", nor do I give any credence to the 9/11 was an inside job types. Though I recognize our govt has done these sorts of things in the past, some people cry "false flag" like the boy who cried wolf. It's not rational to cry false flag...every...single...time.

But this one does reek of those type shenanigans. That's the problem with having a President that is a pathological liar who gives cover to rogue regimes and undermines our allies. The whole administration is effectively a false flag - flooding the zone with lies is literally their top political strategy right now. It seems too convenient that Iran would attack a Japanese ship, it also is highly irrational. Yet... I wonder if the top conspiracy theorists who are Trumpistas will be crying false flag on this one? I'm guessing crickets.

Keep in mind I'm not saying the Trump admin or CIA was behind this or that we actually green-lit it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the Saudis or some other operator who wants to see war with Iran or see the U.S. engaged militarily.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    It does kinda stink. Not getting enough on your positions on crude futures? Spark an attack to fix your position problem. I'm sure that never happens in the real world.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Bang the Drum Slowly.

The war drum, that is

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    To be clear, I'm in no way saying America had anything to do with this or knew about it. I do believe that OPEC or more specifically Saudi Arabia very well could have been heavily involved. If they can kill a person and everyone knows they did it and no ramifications came from it, what would stop them from coordinating these attacks and blaming their historical enemy?
    It is all about the billions of dollars lost on low crude prices.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    No, I'm right there with you.

The Saudi's were my first thought. It could be about oil prices or it could be about wanting to push the U.S. into conflict with Iran. Saudi's just happened to want both.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 11:23 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I think it seems more likely be planted charges than missile attacks. That both attacks hit above the water line seems convenient

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    The new clown prince of Saudia Arabia seems to be the type of guy who thinks this nonsense might work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    ● U.S. military officials have assessed that the attacks were carried out by Iran or forces under its influence, a defense official said.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. danmann65

May 22, 2015
    Well it's possible both sides(Iran and Saudi Arabia) will arm any nut who says they hate the other. It still feels Saudi level stupid, not Iran level stupid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I have done that Straits passage a hundred times in the air, hated flying there for a number of reasons but mostly because of the feeling of vulnerability. I am guessing the guys from my old wing are currently on station with pucker factor set to "high".
    Please let them come back safe.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Really? Do you think that the Saudis would hurt their own interest? I don't think so... failed logic on your part...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Saudi Arabia and Iran are mortal enemies, so you'll have to explain how triggering a war with Iran is against their interests. They might never get a more pro-Saudi govt in the White House. We are already supplying their genocide in Yemen. So what's another war to them? Esp if the US is willing to take the lead. That would be absolutely ideal to Saudi interests.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think that they would stoop to that kind of subterfuge just to get... Wait. To get what outcome? What's the reason and what's the purpose? We already support the Saudis and we will sell them defense weapons. The congress would have a hard time overruling the president on that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Didn't we already establish the purpose as triggering a U.S. lead war with Iran, plus the bonus of much higher oil prices?

While Iran also benefits from higher oil, it seems unlikely they would invite their own destruction just to get it.

It's possible this was a non govt sanctioned act. Remind me again, how many of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Nationals? So even assuming it was terror, can't underestimate Saudi involvement. They are a proxy for terror same as Iran.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. wrpgator

wrpgator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2013
    Good grief. And you use the post to rail against 'conspiracy theorist Trumpistas'?

19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    No, I'm wondering why after crying for years and years about rediculous false flags including disgustingly calling elementary school shootings "false flags" with staged crisis actors, why the conspiracy nuts ignore one that is pretty right in their face.

20. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    To me the key word in your post is DEFENSE. Saudi Arabia is not just playing defense with their military, they are playing offense with the war in Yemen. Also, it seems that all too often our Dept. of Defense isn't used for defense, it's used for offense. We go to other countries and involve ourselves in wars, or start wars, and involve ourselves in civil wars throughout the world because they are in our "strategic interests", aka monetary interests - political interests actually seem to be secondary to strategic interests - far too often. It's what has happened over and over since I've been alive and in the Korean War before I was born. Our country will be torn apart by us, the citizens of the USA, before we are invaded by foreign armed forces. Please sit back and think about what I'm saying for awhile before you respond to my post. Thanks very much for reading this, Sincerely, Tarponbro.