Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ohio State QB Joe Burrow (Potential Grad Transfer)

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorplank, Apr 10, 2018.

1. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    It would have been well said, but to shows how little the two of you have followed the situation w/ Burrow as he's not a "one year stop gap". The kid has two years of eligibility and is a legit "dual threat QB" - unlike 2 of our 3 scholarship QB's. He's literally a 1B at Ohio State and the only reason he "lost" his starting job was he got injured....he missed the season and Haskins moved up to #2 (and he came in and saved the Michigan game for them). So, Burrow, being a stud QB decided he wanted to start. He's better than Franks & Trask without question and - right now, as a redshirt Junior - he's better than the true freshman on our roster.

But, this is probably all water under the bridge as it appears we're not even pursing him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    There may be a very obscure reason why Mullen is not pursuing Burrow. One that is selfish to him. He doesn't want Burrow because he played for Meyer. Mullen wants to succeed on his own at Florida without any ties to Meyer.

Bringing in Burrow says he can't succeed at Florida without Meyer's help or hand downs.

Just a theory.....

• Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Or this kid.

4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    So if Burrow is worth 1-2 more wins is this a good choice??

Big difference between 6-6 and 8-4!0

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Mullen has been separated from Meyer for 10 years now - I have a hard time believing he’d let some insecurity or ego issue keep him from going after a QB that he knows would help his cause here in his dream job.

I’m inclined to give this man the benefit of the doubt and consider that he has legit reasons for not pursuing Barrow - either total commitment to EJ, or some inside knowledge we don’t have, including the possibility that Barrow might ultimately express an intention to look at UF.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ufmc84

ufmc84 Junior

Aug 13, 2017
    Did you mean to quote me on this? Burrow would be a great addittion, his two years of eligibility make him more ideal for us than anyone Mac brought in. Unfortunately people want to keep comparing this to McElwain which is totally unfair to the current staff and Burrow’s spring games alone are better than anything we’ve seen in a spring game since Tebow was here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Then what about Grimes?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Grimes was a hardship case. He left OSU football a month into his freshman season(only 2 games before leaving) to be with his sick mom. He completed the semester taking online classes in S Florida.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. garettk

garettk GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2008
    KILL JOY!!!!

10. Singaporegator

Singaporegator GC Hall of Fame

Pete from deep

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio State grad transfer QB Joe Burrow has visited both Cincinnati and LSU this past week. Look for his third and final visit this week to be to North Carolina. Expect an announcement by possibly the end of this week from Burrow.

12. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    I’m amazed we’re not in the mix. We have schollies to give, so I don’t see the downside. If he’s not good enough to play, at least we took a chance. But if he gets the offense moving, it could lead to better results, better recruiting and an excitement we desperately need around the program. Oh well. It’s moot now it appears.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 All American

Dec 12, 2009
    It’s crazy to me that we didn’t pursue him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Maybe he wasn't interested in playing for the Gators. It's possible we did gauge interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    It's Burrow....not Barrow.....:confused:

16. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    I will be perfectly fine with this if it means that there are two stud OG grad transfers coming for this year. If not, I expect that there is something that Mullen knows about Burrow that is not common knowledge. Both Nebraska and Florida not pursuing him speaks volumes to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    NC is better than Lsu...
    Let f$u deal with him instead of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    Barrow, Alaska?

19. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    I have to wonder if he's looking for a guarantee and theres only a handful of schools willing to give it to him

20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I know he's not coming to UF, so this thread is basically irrelevant to me, but it's like driving by a fatal car crash on the interstate... you just can't help but slow down to look when you pass by the terrible scene.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1