Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

OGT: Florida vs SC, Sat, 01/05, 7 PM, ESPN2

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Jan 4, 2019.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You understand many coaches do that in that situation right? K, Roy...they all do it.

2. kansascitygator

kansascitygator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Still hopefull of White for the long run but this year has shaped up as a season of aggravation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Is this a rhetorical question? LMAO!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tilly

Look That is fair. But you can't say a team that lost by 2 was not competitive. If they lose by 30, they are not competitive.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    SC’s coach berrated the refs and they over turned the intentional foul - which shouldn’t have happened. Even the play by play guy was in shock, but I didn’t see White get mad. Then the push off at the end - White didn’t even get mad. It was a terribly designed play so maybe he was mad at himself, but my God, White should have been all over these refs. What a disgusting loss.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    Is it football season yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. tilly

That is what happens when there is no fire in your kids bellies. He is looking for answers. But his answers are in this young group and next years class. He has no one in veteran leadership with any fire. Great kids, just too mellow.

He is probably doodling his schematic for a time machine. He is probably ready for these seniors to graduate and the young guns to mature to an impact point.

8. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

White had to realize who his “toughest” players are and play them in crunch time. Nembhard is one of them. You also have Johnson, Ballard, Locke and Okauru.

9. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    More likely the complete lack of movement of the rest of the team. Guys go to a spot and just stand there. I don't understand why

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    Well we can kiss our tourney hopes bye, right? If we can't beat USCe, how can we steal a win against one of the better teams in the conference?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. tilly

If you think you can coach edge and passion into kids that have none, you likely never had kids this chill.
    I mean you can see the frustration in his eyes. These veteran kids are just chillin' out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    A poster said on the recruiting board that Mark Richt peed sitting down and his players took on his persona.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  13. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    South Carolina wasn't playing football tonight?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. tilly

He advanced a team that Billy could not win with to the doorstep of the Final Four in his second season, but why mention that fact right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    It’s not me Tilly I swear.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. thomlch

thomlch Junior

Dec 17, 2018
    This is akin to posting about Muschamp's Sugar Bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Ken Pom offensive rankings since White arrived:

With the reliance on transfers and the loss of a couple of players early, there hasn't been one group over the entire time on which we are reliant. If the explanation is purely that they are too relaxed, we shouldn't see 3 Top 15 defenses in that time. Our worst defense in his tenure has been ranked ahead of our best offense. Defense is, if anything, more effort-oriented than offense.

18. tilly

OHHH...So you are THAT banned poster. Just as suspected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    He might not have been talking about this game, but rather the overall landscape. I don't think just trying to sneak into the NCAA is where we want to be...

Realistically I only had middling expectations this year. Losing to South Carolina at home is worse than middling. Remember that last year we had a rediculous amount of home losses (offset by surprising success on the road). The home losses especially are starting to pile up.

20. tilly

Nope. It is proof that he CAN elevate talent. Because, ya know, he did.

• Like Like x 1