Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

OGT: Florida vs #4 Auburn, Sat, 01/18, 1:30 PM, CBS

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatorjjh, Jan 17, 2020.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

2. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

3. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

4. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

5. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

6. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Woo hoo! This bandwagon basketball fan is on early. That was the first game I watched this season. (I made a promise to my family i would only watch one sport which I chose football) but screw them! That was exciting.

Go Gators!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    From ESPN's Blurb

Florida is interesting again
    In its lopsided, 69-47 win over Auburn on Saturday, Florida proved it could lock up a team that had looked like an early favorite to win the SEC. But the 47 points Auburn accrued against the Gators, a season low for Bruce Pearl's team, said more about Florida than it did about Auburn, a team that hadn't scored a signature victory prior to being humbled in back-to-back double-digit road losses to unranked opponents (Alabama, Florida) this week.

Florida has connected on 38% of its 3-point attempts in SEC play. Although the Gators are no longer the sexy Final Four pick they appeared to be entering the season, they might be Kentucky's toughest opponent in the conference race. They crushed Auburn even though Andrew Nembhard (six points) had the flu earlier this week and Kerry Blackshear finished 4-for-14. Now, this isn't a Florida team you should bet on. Yet. But the Gators are definitely interesting again.

• Like Like x 4
  8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    On the SEC recap this morning they leading to our game with the saying “the lock ness monster”.
    Of course talking about Noah’s threes. Surprising with the game “Omy the Pain” had. Just thought the name they gave Noah means we are getting noticed big time. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin on the River!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I was at the game and read the whole thread.

I was never as negative about the performance as a number of posters. Except for a number of stupid turnovers in the first half I thought that we played great. And even with those turnovers we had a halftime lead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Border line comical to re-read the game thread. The negatives get amplified...I guess if the season was going better, the negatives would be less. Hopefully, that’s the case, otherwise these posters must be insufferable in real life?!

• Like Like x 1
  11. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

He goes by Dennis Celery now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area
    Good question!

My late dad was a great guy and a loyal Gator (Class of '49), but was always quick to throw in the towel and lambaste the team ("They don't want it!"...blah, blah, blah) as soon as things didn't go our way. He wasn't like that in "real life." And, I often wondered how he could quit so easily after we'd watched Steve "It's Always Too Soon To Quit" Spurrier's Gator career.

My mom (also Class of '49) and I just learned to roll our eyes as he would escape, grumbling, for a mid-game nap. He missed a lot of great comebacks because of it. Glad he (and my mom) got to see our football and basketball national championships before passing on.

• Like Like x 3
  13. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Hoping that you are meaning Michigan is way overrated. Even though they be some beat decent teams they now 2-4 in conference And 11 and 6 overall. They actually right now will not make the NCAA tournament unless something changes drastically.

14. gottapanda

gottapanda GC Legend

Jul 22, 2008
    Yes, I was comparing Auburn to Michigan as a team that got overhyped and shot up the rankings. I think Auburn is definitely better than them, but similar storyline.

Michigan as a school just stands for incredible hype followed by falling flat on their faces. Football and now basketball. I hope Jim Harbaugh never leaves. He convinced everyone that this is the year, and then they go 9-4 again while paying him like $9M per year. That it is happening to the basketball team too just makes me laugh.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Hope they don’t fire Cal they would be unbeatable. The best defense to beat UK is having Cal on the bench

• Like Like x 1
  16. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Very true but we also have a lot of work to do

• Agree Agree x 1