Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) OGT-Florida at Kentucky 5/7/23 2:00 pm ESPNU

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 7, 2023.

1. buffy2222

buffy2222 Junior

Jul 9, 2022
    Walton doesn’t want to surprise the opposing team.

2. notexgator

notexgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He doesn't start Roe because he loves #52; no matter how bad she hits, has dropped third strikes, passed balls, drops routine pitches, doesn't block the tough pitch, doesn't hustle for the WP or PB, can't perform a rundown, rarely throws out runners and most importantly, forgets to cover home plate. As for Pollard, if I am not mistaken, she hurt her back and was out for 4 to 6 weeks and she is now just returning. . My opinion only, but I would use her as the DP and Sam as the catcher but that will not happen as long as #52 is still here.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    More because of NIL as it relates to portal. As ocala said, HS recruiting is there

4. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Good luck with making max $$$ on your tickets. I think the WCWS could be a lot like last year when only 1 SEC team made it. While a solid league with a lot of depth, I really don't see an elite team. Tennessee is the most complete team and Georgia has an offense, Alabama has Fouts. And anything can happen. But I'm predicting only 1, 2 at most, SEC teams to get to OKC and wouldn't be surprised if no SEC gets there. The Gators definitely ain't gonna get there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. sweetpotato2

sweetpotato2 GC Legend

May 5, 2023
    I think Tennessee is the only SEC team that has the best chance at going to OKC. My question is will Tenn. rise up or crumble to the pressure? I say that because it seems like tennesee falls apart in regionals. they either get shut out or win game 1 but lose the next 2 games. Last trip to okc was in 2015 and last supers was in 2019. Their team is complete but only Ashley has experienced a supers. Mackenzie and zaida are the only 2 that has experience in the WCWS.
    Alabama is not going to advance. Fouts looked wore out today vs ole miss in relief. her body language spoke volumes. They are going to either start her every game from now on or she's going to come in relief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GatorsOTK

GatorsOTK Junior

Jan 19, 2012
    What an uninspiring effort that was from the Gators today and down the stretch of the season.

7. rickjs1

rickjs1 Premium Member

Jan 6, 2023
    Through last summer's travel, Lou Hovermale and Lefty were solid for a couple years manning Athletic Mercado's left side of the infield. Hovermale at third and Pollard at short. I watched quite a few games and Hovermale played a very solid third base.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Good to know, like that she provides another option. Would think the staff moves people around in the fall a lot to find the best combo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    As one prominent parent told me emphatically twice: "It all starts at the top."

10. scrappygator

scrappygator VIP Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Especially after you have hit two triples off the wall.