Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Florida At Arkansas, Wed, Jan 9th, 8:30 PM, SEC Network

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Jan 8, 2019.

1. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You have to figure we played these last two games like we did to set Tennessee up for failure. This is all strategy on the part of Coach White. I especially liked how he re-created a similar situation from Saturday and allowed the team to demonstrate what they learned from it to prevent a similar ending. Besides, a blowout gets this team overconfident. Gotta keep 'em focused.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I hate that saying almost as much as the "Murica" one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Well played number 1

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wingtee

wingtee VIP Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    McElwain-like?

Check his teeth!

6. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    37 days, but who's counting.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 1
  7. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    At the Buzzer: Florida 57, Arkansas 51 (Instant Breakdown)
    A quick breakdown of UF's road game against the Razorbacks.
    Chris Harry / Senior Writer UF
    AT THE BUZZER
    FLORIDA 57, ARKANSAS

WHAT HAPPENED: Senior guard returned to his home state and KeVaughn Allen scored 18 points, including four free throws in the final 12 seconds to ice a much-needed Southeastern Conference road victory over the Razorbacks at Bud Walton Arena. Allen may have been the hero, but his shooting percentage was the game -- for both teams -- in microcosm. Allen finished 3-for-11 from the floor and missed all but one of his nine 3-point attempts for a UF team that shot 31 percent overall and went 6-for-26 from the 3-point line (23.1 percent). Thing about it? Arkansas was worse. The Hogs, who got a career-high 30 points from sophomore guard Mason Jones, finished at 30 percent overall and also six of 26 from deep. Arkansas led early, 6-2, after a dunk by Adrio Bailey at the 15:58 mark of a first half that was ugly from the start. It got really ugly for the home team. After Bailey's bucket, the Hogs, over the next nearly 10 minutes, missed 10 straight field goals and turned the ball over seven times. When Jalen Harris broke the drought with a steal and layup, the Gators were nonetheless ahead 15-9, having withstood their own bad offensive start with great defense. Allen had 11 first-half points, thanks to 7-for-8 from the free-throw line, as UF led 33-22 at the break despite shooting just 31 percent. Why? Arkansas shot just 28 percent, including 2-for-14 from the 3-point line, and turned it over 12 times. The Gators led by as many as 16 in the second half, thanks to a 1-for-10 Hogs drought, but Arkansas came alive inside the final six minutes with a 15-2 that made it a two-point game, at 53-51, after two free throws by Jones with 1:02 to go. After Andrew Nembhard missed a late-clock drive, the Hogs had a chance to tie or take the lead, but Bailey missed down low, UF rebounded and Allen made the first of his two free throws with 12 seconds left to make it a two-possession game.
    At the Buzzer: Florida 57, Arkansas 51 (Instant Breakdown) - Florida Gators

• Like Like x 1
  8. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    KA was like ice at the line going down the stretch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  9. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Three fouls on the Gators in the second half in less than one minute. Gators finally get to the bonus in the last minute when Arky has to foul.

This is not a complaint, but only stating a fact.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Rollercoaster ride of a game.

Rollercoaster of a season.
    Down, up, down, sideways, loopy loop, down, up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Count me surprised. Person of litte faith

12. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    Quadrant 1 win.

Road win versus top 75 win.

Good.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 All American

Apr 8, 2007
    Based on the two game small sample size could any of us predict the final standings? This is really a see what happens year

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    Kevaughn saved us at the end. Still can't do much on offense but we do force a lot of turnovers on defense. I'd like to see us push the pace more, try to get more transition baskets. Use Nembhard's passing ability to get it up court to guys like Keyontae and Ballard, fast and can finish strong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    We aren't Villanova, so I don't see how we can be successful long term with essentially four guards and Hayes logging a majority of minutes.

While the focus has been on Hudson's decline, one could argue that Keith Stone's play has been even worse.

As some have suggested, maybe Locke joins Ballard and Bassett as first off the bench, with Johnson starting, giving us more size

16. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    57 points isn’t gonna beat many teams. Our offense is beyond awful. Not even fun watching a game when we win anymore. Next season can’t come soon enough because we need new blood to energize this offense and it will help to lose some of our current players. As bad as that sounds, it will be addition through subtraction.

17. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    As long as it's to one of those guys and not a big. His long pass to Hayes drove me nuts. Even though Hayes caught it, which was surprising, he bobbled it and turned it over afterwards per usual. Nembhard's money play right now is the penetration and baseline pass. Probably should start practicing layups through contact though or eventually defenses will gameplan against his move. If he can force contact and get to the FT line or convert his layups, his stock would skyrocket. And no more of this Steve Nash layup crap which is a really bad habit of his. He's tall enough and has enough vertical to go up with power.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Yep on the layups! I kept asking myself how does a 6-5 guy not slam dunk the ball when the game is on the line. We all know he can't jump over a basketball but show us more than a soft underhand floater off the glass with a guy trailing.

19. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Holding a team 28 points below their scoring average, though, is quite commendable. The gator defense should be applauded. And they are fun to watch. Just need our open shots to fall.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. gatorbogey

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Really need to activate this.

My guess is KJ and Ballard are crashing boards instead for the rebound. Would be nice to let them release now and then on a shot for the easy transition bucket.