Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Florida 10 seed vs Michigan 2 seed

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by OklahomaGator, Mar 23, 2019.

1. 352Fella

352Fella Senior

Jan 30, 2008
    Westside
    Kinda wish we would have emptied the bench a lil earlier. Nothing to lose, really. But, I'm proud of the boys for getting this far.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MCB51

MCB51 All American

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    In basketball....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Junior

Aug 20, 2018
    I like Nembhard, but he needs to develop a killer instinct.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. bposs

bposs GC Hall of Fame

Sep 3, 2010
    Woodstock, GA
    Oh well. This team was limited this year, coach white did a good job getting them in the tournament and winning at least 1 game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    Consistent shooters and an inside game is needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    This is one of the worst posts ever on this site. Really . . . . I mean really . . . really bad. Just bad.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    About what I expected.....could've been worse if Michigan didn't miss so many layups

Honestly, I really don't think that Michigan is that much better than us. They just have size and front court depth. If Stokes was defensively competent enough to give 15 minutes a game, his offensive presence as a high post threat would've forced Teske to play him more aggressively and not let him free lance in the middle so much. Which then creates driving, cutting and passing lanes.

Smart game plan in basically face-guarding Allen all over the floor. That kid put in some good work defending him.

Nembhardt needs to have a chiozza-like athletic transformation this off-season. Work in the weight room far exceeds the need for him to improve his shot. With his on court IQ, if he gets quicker, stronger, and faster/more explosive he will be a sure fire top 15 pick even with an odd jumper.

Speaking of Cheese, he just signed a contract with Houston to finish the season....good for him to earn some NBA time. Especially with a guy like Chris Paul around to watch and learn from.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    49 points don’t beat many teams. Best of luck to our seniors but I’m looking forward to some new blood and a different personality for this team. Hudson, Allen, and Hayes didn’t have aggressive personalities and it translated to the floor.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Neele1313

Neele1313 Freshman

Nov 24, 2015
    Just don’t understand not rolling out okauru for a few minutes or stokes for a few. Just feels like missed chances for a couple breathers.

10. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Why?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. gogators73

gogators73 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 30, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Hard to see the seniors check out.

Certainly feels like an incomplete career without getting those guys to the Final Four. That’s the heartbreak of sports though.

12. Rkb75

Rkb75 Junior

Sep 19, 2015
    Lost to a very good team, which was bad matchups for us all the way around. We had to shoot 40% on 3s to have a chance. Good year for a transition. Made the tourney and won 20 games. Adding 2 5 stars and a big guy. Should be fun as our 3 Freshman mature.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. GolphinGator

GolphinGator GC Hall of Fame

No your post are ridiculous. One of those that can't wait they lose and then comes out with the same stupid garbage. The best thing about them ending the season is not having to deal with your post for a while or at least until you show up on another sports thread. I am sure you think they should fire Sully after this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You might want to check that. I was being realistic. You are being melodramatic. We are small and also mediocre shooters. Never mind the errors for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Gee, you sound like a fun guy. Did you kick your dog yet?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. 352Fella

352Fella Senior

Jan 30, 2008
    Westside
    So, next year's team will be the first true MW team. No players that were BD recruited, correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

I made no comments for months partially because I was banned and also because of the negative feedback I got for criticizing White and some players.

It has and will be my position that even this grosdly undersized team would have gotten better results had better decisions been made.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    The team would only go as far as the seniors would take them. Our two senior guards struggled, and we saw the result. If they were hot, we'd probably be on a run to the Elite 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    J Hudson - 11
    K Hayes - 8
    N Locke - 8
    Kv Allen - 8
    Andrew - 7
    Johnson - 5
    Bassett - 2

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

Eh, I've seen worse. But nevertheless, even if it were true (for the sake of discussion). Who would we get that is better?

Honestly

note: this is not intended to be a "Fire Mike White" support post.

For me, I give Mike White a break because as it's been stated, replacing a long term predecessor with a record like BD's (some say legend) is hard. You name the school, I'll name transition coaches who got fired.

With this incoming recruiting class, he is finally going to show his system with all his recruits. When he is finally starting to land some big timers as the top high schoolers have trust that we'll be alright as a program. 3 trips to the tourney in 4 years with what was left his first year is saying a lot.

and we're not getting anyone out there that is better or at least somewhat proven.

So firing White is a non-starter from that perspective alone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1