Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Fla @ UK, Sat, 02/22, 6 PM, ESPN

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Feb 21, 2020.

1. garygator27

garygator27 All American

Mar 28, 2017
    But is it part of the game for every team, every year? It happens, to some teams more than others for certain years. The last 5 years, it’s been way too consistent of an issue. He needs to help his teams figure it out. Some teams do, some teams don’t. None of his teams have. I think that’s the concerning part of this, just the consistency with which every one of his teams, no matter the players, can’t figure it out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Major project for Fawcett. Average scoring drought for every team over the last 5 years

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 VIP Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    We got one, but Locke was 0-for. Completely out of character for him the way he’s shot recently

Locke, AN and Johnson went 0-11 from 3

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Matherly87

Matherly87 VIP Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Here's the telling stat.
    Glover, Locke, Lewis and Nembhard accounted for a combined 90 minutes played and only scored a combined total of 9 points. All the other 50 game points were scored by Blackshear, Johnson and Mann.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BA69MA72

BA69MA72 GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Locke’s stats were well below his norm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Game Recap: Men's Basketball | Saturday, February 22, 2020 | Chris Harry, Senior Writer UF
    Game Turns Quickley in Wildcats' Favor
    LEXINGTON, Ky. — For two and a half home games, the Kentucky Wildcats were the gang that couldn't shoot straight from the 3-point line. When sophomore point guard Ashton Hagans dropped a long ball from the right wing just inside a minute remaining in the first half Saturday night, it was the Wildcats' fourth 3 in 36 attempts over their last three games at Rupp Arena. That's 8.3 percent.

Things Quickley changed in the second half.
    As in Immanuel Quickley, the blossoming sophomore bucket-getter who put on a 2-minute, 15-second shooting clinic that turned the fortunes for the 12th-ranked Cats, turned up the noise at sold-out Rupp, and eventually turned out a 65-59 victory for the home team. Quickley, the 6-foot-3, 188-pound guard and former McDonald's All-American, splashed the Gators for a career-high 26 points, 22 of which came in the second half, including a blitz of back-to-back-to-back 3-balls that broke open a tight game and almost blew Rupp's roof into the Big Blue Nation sky. Freshman guard Tyrese Maxey had 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists to help Kentucky (22-5, 12-2) win a sixth straight and maintain a two-game cushion on first place in the Southeastern Conference standings.

"He was fantastic," UF coach Mike White said Quickley. "He was the best player on the floor. I thought he did a great job of finding spacing, searching, and they did a good job of finding him. He hit huge shots and complimented that with terrific defense on the perimeter."
    Quickley teamed with Maxey and Hagans to help hold the Gators (17-10, 9-5) to 40.7 shooting in the second half, force 16 turnovers and smother the perimeter punch of UF's Andrew Nembhard, Noah Locke and Scottie Lewis in limiting that starting trio to just six points, including the first scoreless game from Locke (the SEC's top 3-point shooter at 52.6 percent) in more than a year. Locke came into the game having made at least one 3-pointer in 24 consecutive games— the eighth-longest streak in school history — but finished 0-for-5 from the floor, with all five attempts from deep.

UF, though, managed to make things interesting in the final minute-plus by trimming an eight-point lead to two, at 61-59, with 19 seconds left by forcing three UK turnovers. The Gators, though, couldn't get a last-ditch stop, with Maxey and Quickley sealing the deal with free throws.
    Game Turns Quickley in Wildcats' Favor - Florida Gators

7. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And then when facts don't fit the narrative, out go the facts. Modern sports fans and modern politics.

8. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh, ESPN gave some mention to Kentucky and Cal? I hadn't noticed.

Nothing like a prime time game on the Wildcat Broadcast Network. They had to have gotten 90% of the airtime and enthusiasm.

9. gatorific

gatorific VIP Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I agree . Thought officiating was ok, especially given the usual Rupp treatment.
    Timing is everything though, and when we were up 7 , Quickley had 2 consecutive continuation and ones - the first one , on Locke ,was imaginary. You could just see the body language of the official as Quickley drove - he was gonna call something no matter what!
    Now , I know this happens all over CBK - probably my biggest peeve.
    Ticky tack ( or invisible ) fouls on lane penetration.

2nd foul was legit BTW.....

10. gatorific

gatorific VIP Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Yes, that was a clean steal.
    Mann’s got pretty quick hands

11. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I thought that was UT they trailed. USC lost to LSU.

12. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    my bad- you are correct.