Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Fla @ Ole Miss, Sat, 02/08, 2 PM, ESPN2

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Feb 7, 2020.

1. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    To be clear, bordering on flagrant. If a gator player did this on the road to a opposing player, it might start a war! With our skinny athletes when treated with hard fouls have a good chance of going down for a long term injury. That is all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall All American

Jul 11, 2019
    I saw a completely different play than you did. Matter of fact as soon as I saw it I knew it was dirty. I actually rewinded it several times and froze it because I was wondering what the hell the defender was thinking. He was sliding with Nembhard and then when he got beat, he immediately turned his right leg into Nembhard’s legs at a very strange and inexplicable angle. That was not a basketball play. He tried to trip him and almost injured him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Louisville_Gator

Louisville_Gator Sophomore

Mar 15, 2012
    Mann's sparks have been almost nonexistent, however, 2nd half vs UGA is what I had hoped to see out of him and you saw how it impacted the team. I also can't see a player his potential caliber transferring. Basketball, oddly, isn't like football in how kids get waivers easily. Would he be willing to sit out an entire year when it's already set up that he will be getting a lot of minutes next year?

Nembhard is gone, IMO. He's been solid (but inconsistent) and his playing time on the Canadian national team surrounded him around guys that play professional ball all over the world. He understands that the NBA is not the only way you can make a nice living playing basketball and is likely not afraid of overseas life. He has a Nick Calathes vibe to me relative to his Gator/Pro career.

Lewis is the wild card for me. Does he stay another year, work on his craft, and play himself into the first round or does he bolt and focus on developing in the G league and risk not getting drafted at all. I haven't even seen him listed on 1st-2nd round mocks much anymore.

I hate that we have so many games left and I'm spending time on what next seasons roster might be.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. rmonteag

rmonteag GC Legend

Jul 24, 2010
    This team drives me nuts! Word on the street CMW needs to not only make it to the tourney but get out the first weekend..

5. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

That is why I said anything "he wins", not anything has "has won".