Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Fla @ Ole Miss, Sat, 02/08, 2 PM, ESPN2

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Feb 7, 2020.

1. mocgator

mocgator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    The ATL
    Worst road loss in 4 years against a terrible terrible ole miss team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I mentioned this Wednesday.
    Players missed plays under McElwain.
    Same players made them under Mullin.

Great coaches just seem to figure this stuff out. Clock is ticking. Seat is heating up.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. ufhe15man

ufhe15man All American

Nov 25, 2013
    I agree about the high level, but they are all Alphas IMO. There is no ball movement, everyone wants to shoot.

I see no hustle (plodding up and down the court), no one and i mean no one crashes the boards (at both ends), poor ball control skills (especially in the paint), poor spacing on offense.

Is Blackshear hurt? Shell of the player he has been. Maybe he’s just wondering why he thought this was a good fit.

I guess blame falls on the coach for not instilling a winning attitude, but at some point the players need to step up, take responsibility and play as a team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Other than that we look great. Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. RD_gator

RD_gator GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    Florida was a 11 seed in the last projection.
    They may be one of the last four teams out next time.

Bracketology with Joe Lunardi

6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Bullcrap. Auburn can keep that scumbag. They will end up vacating anything he wins.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. number1

number1 NBN Bracket Master

Oct 9, 2011
    And now we follow this up with another similar type road game that we just loss today @Texas A&M.

8. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Even the pundits are bashing us. “Falling off the face of the earth”. Man

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    We need something to break through the denial. Hopefully, this is it. It is the only path forward at this point.

10. GboroGator

GboroGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    A colossal failure of a season. Nice guy, but it just isn't working. Stricklin needs to go get his own guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. xenythx

xenythx GC Hall of Fame

Jul 20, 2007
    I stick by my prediction that Stricklin will can him when he loses to Vandy at home on Billy Donovan Court night.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    We deserve it. This is embarassing. It's one thing to lose to LSU on the road but the way we lose it's as if we don't want to play or have no clue what we're supposed to be doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I agree. Over the past several years and with different groups of players we are getting the same results. I love making the big dance. But how we get there is hard to watch and this year I’d be surprised if we make it.

I cannot think of a single player who has improved dramatically under this coaching staff. I’d argue the opposite occurs, that players regress over their time under this staff. The low shooting percentages, sloppy ball handling, weak passes, stumbling while driving, and general poor offensive play over a few years...players seem to really lack confidence in their game. Recruits and transfers known for offense don’t blossom. It’s like everyone is afraid to make a mistake

I like the analogy someone made in a prior post about the comparison so Macs teams. We may have won the sec East but the games were boring and painful to watch. Most supposed cupcake games were nail biting low scoring insults to offensive football.

I feel the same way watching gator hoops. I can handle losing. But I’d like to enjoy a full 40 minutes of ball every now and then. Rarely get to see a gator hoops team just play well for a full game, win or lose.

I don’t know what the answer is. Hard to say every year it’s on the players since they have changed and the only consistent thing is the coaching staff.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. tmape01

tmape01 Junior

Apr 18, 2007
    “we’re a team where, when the shots aren’t going in for us, we have to be tougher”
    -Mike White in the postgame presser

this guy sounds *exactly* like Muschamp. Basketball Muschamp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Can you imagine the negativity if we were actually a basketball school

16. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Why shouldn't they. 95% of Division 1 coaches would drool for the talent that Michael White has. The assessment that we are the biggest disappointment in the SEC is an understatement. I would say college basketball. We have not even had a serious injury. At least UNC could raise that issue.

17. hocgators

hocgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Could it be that the reason these players have not improved is because they have already reached their ceiling as basketball players? If one thing is obvious after watching this group all year, it is that the pieces don't fit. Players are not suitable for the position they are slotted into and that reflects on who this coaching staff has recruited. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Obviously we are in a extreme "does not" period. I am not going to advocate for the firing of any coach but this team is a reflection of the sum parts that have been put together and currently it is not pretty.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

No we are a team where when "street ball-no strategy" is not working, we have to have high percentage set plays based upon hours and hours and hours of review of opponents' game video that will work.

Oh but that would be coaching and not blaming the players year after year that keep transferring from this program.

19. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Then there was last year, and the year before that and the year before that, and we are the team with the yellow tags on our back that in this era mean absolutely nothing to opposing programs!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

We were at one time pre White. That's the point!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1