Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: Fla @ Missouri, Sat, 01/11, 8:30 PM, SEC Network

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Jan 10, 2020.

1. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Can’t win when you have guards that can’t shoot foul shots.

2. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    I’m not saying that ,I’m saying they kicked our ass without their top player in an empty gym,and it wasn’t close. So if I go out on a limb and say they will have a better record than us ami crazy. I think not.
    I’m taking of the O&B glasses and tell you we are not that great. We are average at best and probably will end up with close to the same record as Miz

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Whoa , you said we are in a “colossal” disaster? Total asinine post, along with a lot of other bs in your post.
    Is going to 3 straight Tournaments a colossal disaster? Do you think UF is some kind of blue blood program? And what Coach is going to come to UF that is a successful elite 8 program or final 4 consecutive. None. They reside at tier 1 programs with real traditions and fan bases who have an insatiable appetite for basketball in which we are not close.
    Just get real and quit pretending we are Kentucky,Kansas , Duke , Or Carolina

4. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Butler did it. Twice.

5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone remember Anthony Grant?

6. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Yes. They kicked our ass. They played out of their minds. We helped some.

We are much better than they are. Them beating us doesn't change that.

I never said we were great. I said we were better than they are. We are. We will have a much better record than they will. We will make the Big Dance. They won't be sniffing the bubble.

It was a bad loss. We were terrible and they were great. It is what it was. Not easy to win on the road, but that is no excuse. We have some issues. We are underperforming. I believe we will be where we need to be at the end of the season. If we aren't, then there is cause for concern. No need to hit the panic button yet. We have enough opportunities in front of us.

7. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    We keep saying that after every game like we have any influence over the outcome if we just DON'T HIT THE PANIC BUTTON. Our 10-5 record including 3 double digit losses isn't cause for concern? Come on now, you don't have to act like a head coach in front of the mic. I've been concerned since the first game when North Florida outscored us in the 2nd half.

8. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    There is cause for concern. I am always very vocal when we are terrible. In fact, I generally only post after a loss. I see a lot of potential and I believe we will get where we need to be. At the end of the day, these guys have to start making plays. Everything else is message board/radio talk show fodder.

9. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    That's only half of it. You have plays to expose the weaknesses but you also just have core plays that you run regardless because you have guys that can play. We stunk at both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    This loss is concerning. We had a chance with a win vs Ole Miss to get to 4-0 in SEC play. And we still have 2 games against Vandy, 1 against A&M. That should've been 7 conference wins there. Throw in a struggling UT team. That's at least 8.

Then you find 4 more and you could've had at least 12 wins in league play. But losing to Missouri, i'm not sure any games besides Vandy 2x are W's. Going to have to bring it every night to reach 10 wins in conference. Pissed away a huge opportunity.

11. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    The third game against Towson where we barely held on at home should be enough to tell you that we can't count on any game being a win. This team is nauseating to watch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    Lol, we will roll Vandy both games. They are really bad without Neismith.

13. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I used to think so too, but I'm done counting my chickens before they hatch with this group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 407king

407king GC Hall of Fame

Dec 8, 2018
    If we lose to Vandy, not sure CMW should see the podium as the HC. Should be terminated in the locker room, lol.

15. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    I really don't think it'd be beneficial to fire Mike White, I'd prefer he just cut his losses and let go of the mediocre assistant coaches who haven't received any of the blame from fans since they're in the shadows. There's no question that White is loyal to a fault. Two of his assistants are way out of their league, and the third is way past his prime. It's far from a one-man job. He's the conductor, making sure that the assistants are developing skills, confidence, energy, and fun. Seems like we're 0-4 there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jareduf

jareduf GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bala Cynwyd, PA
    I agree. White's not going anywhere after this season, but he needs to make wholesale changes to his coaching staff. Then after next year, if there's still no improvement, Stricklin will have to make a change. Still hoping that we somehow turn it around this year, but not confident of that happening right now. Tomorrow's game against Miss is a must win Imo.

17. wci347

wci347 GC Hall of Fame

Are you saying that we are not being out recruited by teams that have not won a national championship at all or in decades? Are you saying that we are not consistently losing to teams that have not won national championships or even gotten to Final fours (eg FSU EVERY YEAR INDER MIKE WHITE)? Are you saying that backdooring your way into a tournament to be eliminated in the first or second round is the standard at Florida? Are you saying that if you had a choice between Pitino and White you’d pick White?

if you are saying what any of those questions are asking what you are saying, then there is nothing more to say!

18. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    No what I’m saying is I like an IPA over a standard Lager .

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. ArtVandelay

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    Tough loss for Mizzou to Miss State who I am pretty sure isn't a Final Four contender.

upload_2020-1-16_10-12-18.png

20. cincinnatigator

Mar 5, 2017
    Ooof. Seems like a bunch of teams saved their best performance against us.

• Agree Agree x 1