Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT-(6) Florida @ Tennessee CBS 12/5 - 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by GatorGrowl, Nov 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    (6) Florida @ Tennessee CBS 12/5 - 3:30 PM
    CBS Play-by-Play: Carter Blackburn
    Color: Aaron Murray
    Reporter: Jenny DellChannel
    (Cox): 3 / 704 [HD]Channel (DirecTV): Local
    Net.Gator IMG Sports Network
    Play-by-Play: Mick Hubert
    Analyst: Lee McGriff
    Reporter: Tate CaseyStation
    Freq.: Local AffiliatesSirius Channel: TBA
    Neyland Stadium
    Knoxville, TN
    Tickets as low as $50
    Line: FLA -17.5
    O/U: 62.5

2. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    • Like Like x 2
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Vol Athletics
    Josh Palmer: "I’m excited to get back in Neyland with the fans"

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - The Vols return to action with their penultimate home game against No. 5/5/6 Florida on Saturday, their first game in Neyland Stadium since Oct. 24. Seniors Josh Palmer (WR) and Deandre Johnson (LB) and sophomore Eric Gray (RB) talk with media members about their open Thanksgiving week and getting back to work.
    On if it's been difficult to adjust not playing as frequently as most seasons…
    "A little bit. You get used to running a lot and then when you get a lot of time off, it's hard to get your legs back. I feel like with the breaks, we've been able to get our legs back under us, running a little bit more, especially this past week. We ran a little bit more. We just come out to practice and we work hard. That's what we do here. A lot of the time, it works out. We should be good for gameday."

On where he feels the offense has improved the most in the past weeks…
    "Understanding the game plan. We've had a lot of time to really sit down with Coach (Jim) Chaney and have him explain to us the why's: why we're doing certain things and how we're supposed to them. I think with a lot of this time off, we've been able to understand what he wants out of us."

On how he would describe Harrison Bailey's performance in practices over the past few weeks…
    "Harrison's coming along. Obviously, he didn't get a lot of reps because of the fall camp and not having a spring. All of the quarterbacks are rallying together. The receivers are pushing him and the coaches are pushing him. We're excited to see how he's going to respond. He's responding well in practice, so that's really exciting to see."

On how he would assess his season up to this point…
    "I probably have a list of things that I wish I could have done better in games. Every loss, I feel like there was something that I could have done better that would have changed the tide of the game. I feel like when I played well, we had good results in the game. If I played badly, then we had bad results in the game. I put a lot of weight on my shoulders to help this team. There are always things I need to improve on. I don't really look at it as things I do well, because I'm supposed to do it."

On much he misses playing in front of Tennessee's fans inside of Neyland Stadium…
    "I miss it. The away games definitely take a toll on the flights. I'm excited to get back in Neyland with the fans, play a heck of a game and beat Florida."

On if using the jug machines after practice helps with his footwork and timing…
    "I have two guys, Will and Ben, that help me every day. Will will play defense and play harder than a normal DB could in the game, because the refs would call pass interference. That's an everyday thing I've been doing for the past two years with these guys. They've helped me a lot in my development. I don't really think it helps with footwork, but it helps with hand-eye coordination by working on the depth of certain routes. Then, I'll work with the quarterbacks later so we can develop timing."

On what impresses him the most about Eric Gray
    "His competitiveness and his toughness. He wants the ball and he wants to show the world what he can do. It's our responsibilities as receivers to help him show that. We're excited to see when he breaks long runs and we're the ones blocking for him."
    Saturday's matchup with the Gators will be broadcast on CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
    Josh Palmer: "I’m excited to get back in Neyland with the fans" - University of Tennessee Athletics

4. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Kivon Bennett dismissed from Tennessee Volunteeers football program after arrest
    • Mark SchlabachESPN Senior Writer ESPN
    Tennessee has dismissed starting outside linebacker Kivon Bennett from the football team following his arrest on gun and drug charges near campus on Tuesday, Volunteers coach Jeremy Pruitt said in a statement.
    Bennett, a junior from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, led the Volunteers with 7½ tackles for loss and was tied for the team lead with 4½ sacks. He is the son of former Alabama and NFL linebacker Cornelius Bennett.
    Kivon Bennett is facing felony charges of possession of a firearm during commission or attempt to commit a felony and possession of Schedule 6 drugs with intent, in addition to misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a weapon.
    He was being held in the Knox County Jail, according to the Knox County Sheriff's website.

"Kivon Bennett has been dismissed from our football program following a traffic stop earlier [Tuesday]," Pruitt said in a statement. "There is a standard our student-athletes are expected to uphold at Tennessee, and [Tuesday's] incident fell well short of that standard."
    Vols dismiss Bennett after weapon, drug charges

5. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Tennessee football has two positive COVID-19 cases but expects to have most of team available
    Blake Toppmeyer Knoxville News Sentinel
    The Tennessee football program had two players test positive for COVID-19 last week, coach Jeremy Pruitt said Monday, but the team avoided a spike, and the Vols (2-5) remain scheduled to play No. 5 Florida (7-1) on Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET, CBS) at Neyland Stadium.

The positive tests mark the first cases among Vols football players since the season started, and it caused several other players to enter quarantine because of contact tracing.
    Pruitt expects a handful of players to be unavailable Saturday, but he added that some of the players who are currently in quarantine will be out of quarantine in time to play the Gators.
    "We do have some guys that are in quarantine that won't be able to practice this week but will be able to play on game day," Pruitt said. "It's an unusual circumstance. We're working through it. The next guys are getting ready to play."

Tennessee football: Two Vols out with COVID-19 as UT set to play Florida

6. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    My DirecTV guide still says TBA?

7. Bazza

Bazza Moderator

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Man's gotta eat! Looking forward to more of the same this Saturday.......

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1big_mfer

1big_mfer Junior

Dec 13, 2013
    It’s going to be cold and possibly wet for the game.

9. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Don't like that!

10. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

11. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 1
  12. eastowest

May 13, 2007
    Go :emoji_football:
    Gators :alligator:

• Like Like x 1
  13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    First page!

Gators win 41 - 13.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jordan4vols

jordan4vols Sophomore

Feb 4, 2015
    I’ll take Florida and the points. Give me UF 50 spot to 17.

15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Go Gators

16. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Go Gators! Knock their tooth out!

17. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Updated forecast-sunny, high 40's.

18. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Concerned for the weather conditions! Not swampy.
    Florida 19
    Tenn. 24
    We have a chance at the end but a PI is not called on UT defender!

19. eastowest

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.