Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) OGT-#3 Alabama vs #4 Florida May 15 (Sat) 6 PM ESPN2

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GatorGrowl, May 15, 2021.

1. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I would amend your statement to say "the best team THAT DAY". After all the 2 teams split 4 games, all in Tuscaloosa and the Gators are the SEC co champs, not Bama.

• Like Like x 2
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Dang, u beat me to it.

3. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    My comment had nothing to do with a single game in a single sport in a single season. If Alabama wins something, as many posters have said, it's like we landed on Venus or discovered a new element that can supply energy for the next 100 years at no cost. Ho hum if Florida does what it's supposed to do. And Alabama has more sports gambling going on than any state in the country except maybe Nevada. The mayor of Birmingham is still in jail, I think, for bribery to promote gambling legislation in Alabama. I never met a bookie in my life until I married a girl from Birmingham ; now I think I'm related to a half dozen.
    I don't believe our girls lost to Bama bc of questionable umpiring. Alabama didn't get good yesterday. They've been a softball power for a while. I was concerned when I saw Bama made it to the final game. They will be in the World Series too, I believe. They deserve the win.
    I just think it's time the SEC spread their love to SEC cities beside Birmingham.

• Like Like x 2