Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT: # 24 Fla vs Marshall, Fri., 11-29, 9:00 PM, SEC Network

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by HallGator, Nov 29, 2019.

1. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    What Tres needs is a blowout game, where the 2nd team is playing 20+ minutes and he gets some volume shots up, hopefully hit a bunch. He’s probably just overthinking, losing his confidence. Confidence is such a fragile thing in basketball, like baseball. Guys in slumps can think themselves into horrible play, even when they have all the tools.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They pissed a game away twice in 24 hours?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. regurgigator

regurgigator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Seattle area

Perhaps White likes to slow it down too much when we have a late lead. I'm on the fence on that.

To me, the problem is that sometimes we make too many poor passes and/or dumb plays in those type of late game situations. Most of the time I see that as a problem the players could (and need to) correct through better decision making.

And, when someone hits you with a nice pass for an open shot --------- TAKE THE DAMN SHOT! (Particularly when we're 20+ seconds into the shot clock.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    Did we win?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Did not know that. I thought that female we had during the Charleston tourney was one of the best. I don’t know her name but hope she is assigned to some of our games in the future.

6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Well, if my predictions work out correctly, he will have a breakout game this time or the next. Why? because I picked him in the contest this time. I am good at it!

7. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    IMO, what I see is a team without a real leader yet. This is AN's team but his game isn't up to snuff yet, or should I say he is VERY inconsistent. I still say what Mike needs to do is to hold guys accountable for their assignments and rotations/communication on defense (pull them when they go rogue) but let THEM figure out the offense. Still too much thinking and reacting to bad starts. The real growth has to come in the film room and how each player has to be accountable to the team.

I guess we have to play tourney ball: survive and move on. It seems to be who we are going to be for the foreseeable future.

8. toddrl

toddrl GC Hall of Fame

Jan 22, 2019
    I like Mark Wise

• Like Like x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Agree. She was very good.

10. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Thanks Tilly, I rarely watch SECN games with the sound on and somehow I never noticed him