Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

OGT 10/3 - S Carolina @ #(3) Florida ESPN 12:00 PM

Discussion in 'GC Hall of Fame' started by GatorGrowl, Sep 28, 2020.

1. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    We could be Texas, TCU just took the lead back with 4mins left.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Muschamp is utterly amazing in being the dumbest head coach I have ever seen at understanding a game clock. It is almost like he is numerically illiterate - I mean, even the players knew that with 4 downs, 2 timeouts, and 45 seconds remaining, USCjr was not getting the ball back at the end of the game. Not Will.

On the bright side for him, he can count/track the tens of millions he has been paid to produce pitiful products.

Bingo. Not much pressure combined with LBs/safeties being out of position a lot spells trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  3. phideltdj

phideltdj GC Hall of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    I thought the play calling in the first half was excellent except for the first down Trask option...and maybe that was just a bad decision on Trask but the first half the offense was really good.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    WOW.... Texas had 1G at the TCU 1yrd line, fumbled the ball, TCU recovered.

5. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    We still have major issues with getting teams off the field on third and fourth downs. As we all know this is a chronic issue. I keep waiting for this to improve. Frankly, usce helped out our D a number of times, dropped balls and the last pass play by usce the wr was wide open. An errant throw stopped them.
    I watched part of DM's press conference, and it was plain as day he was pissed. His facial expression was telling. Not happy with the way UF finished the 4th quarter. I'm with you coach.

6. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    After 2 games, the defensive back 4 are not great but not bad. Serviceable. Marco needs to take this last year to heart...soon. The linebackers are...incomplete. Maybe better than what they look because of the front 4. The ends are alright, although I don't think we are going to have any first team all sec players. Cox is a resource.

My biggest concern is with the d-tackles. If we are not stopping the run better I see the big uglies being more ugly than big. Yes, the two QBs have some nice arms but in the end, you MAKE them throw the ball. THAT is how your ends/LBrs get to look a LOT better.

Until further notice we are kind of slow on defense.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    That’s exactly what Gran plays almost exclusively, he’s afraid of giving up the big play. The front 4 can’t get much pressure, the backers are average outside of Miller and the secondary can’t cover. Not a good hat-trick.