Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Official Postgame Thread - OU 55 UF 20

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorNavy, Dec 30, 2020.

1. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    Yes this is what bothered me. I've said it before- there's nothing wrong with getting beat, because getting beat means you did the best you could and the other guy was just better.

We didn't get beat, we straight up lost. Didn't even try. Would we win if we had tried, likely not, but that performance was embarrassing and I wouldn't want to have been a part of it personally.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GatorLuke

GatorLuke GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Well the back ups and the talent on the team next year did not play very well so there’s that. The back up wide receivers were dropping balls all over the field from an NFL quarterback. I think that is a big part of the overall frustration. All the talent we saw tonight was Dan Mullen’s recruiting the last three years. It didn’t perform very well. I do believe a lot of those guys put way too much pressure on themselves to try to perform like the guys who opted out. When you are pressing you just put too much pressure on yourself and crap happens like we saw tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    That’s why it’s an inflection point. If he keeps TG then what?

4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    PS...

I hope every defensive player learns to stop talking crap when you haven’t stopped a nose bleed all season, though I highly doubt it...

I knew the defense would give up *the limit does not exist* against Oklahoma, I was just hoping the offense could keep up.

Turns out the loss of Pitts, Toney, and Copeland among others stung more than I expected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JaxGator75

JaxGator75 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no problem with the decisions made to opt out. Looking at what happened to the Miami QB last night, looks like an ACL and his upcoming season will probably be in doubt. If it was someone that planned on playing in the NFL, then that is a life changing event. These games are meaningless exhibitions that are played for money except the players don't get any of it so why should they take the risk. Even Mullen said before the game that the 2nd half would be more like a spring game to evaluate the team.

Also, fire Grantham. Tarmac his ass like Kiffen.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. partdopy

partdopy All American

Feb 1, 2012
    It was far worse. That UF team tried and Nebraska was just that good. This team just laid down and took it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Sad thing is I hear...and it’s just internet rumors (but the source has been right before) that T Gray is either gonna be fired as the fall guy and grantham will be retained or Gray is leaving for SC as he doesn’t like the scheme grantham is running as it makes he and his position group look bad (like playing corners off ten yards). Gray has shown he is a decent coach nearly his entire career and a good recruiter. Only tel decent coaches on defense are Turner and Gray. Losing gray to keep grantham would be hell.

the other rumor is grantham will be the DC at WV met week.

i am an optimist so I choose to believe rumor #2

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yep, this will not be a big deal to Dan and therein lies the problem. Losing the way we did was ugly. Guys opting out had nothing to do with not being able to tackle. We’ve been a poor tackling team all year. Bogle and 1-2 freshman played well. Cox and Carter leaving early talk is mularkey. Long way to go before they are ready for the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I keep trying to post something but I keep dropping my phone. I must have a case of the dropsies... It must be contagious.

Coffee is for closers. Jug machines is for 1st team WRs

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Still team Mullen but that’s a problem

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Madmaster

Madmaster Freshman

Nov 24, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Everyone needs to stop with the opt out excuse/talk for how we performed tonight. Member when LSU, a 24+ point underdog, self-imposed bowl ban, numerous opt outs and sudden transfers, several backups, came into the Swamp on senior day?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. TJtheGator

TJtheGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Are you freaking kidding me? OU has been to 4 straight playoffs, something we have never done and won their conference a bunch lately something we have not done in 12 years.

They were amped up tonight while we were crap.

NC or bust my ass. Start taking the game seriously and the concept of a team sport seriously before you say NC or bust.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  13. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    it buys a new car though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. army_gator03

army_gator03 Junior

Oct 5, 2019
    I’ll say it again and again. Paying players is the new norm of college football. If you don’t jump on that bandwagon then you’ll be left behind. It’s obvious UF doesn’t do this. It’s time for UF to get back to the Meyer days.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. CaliGator

CaliGator Junior

Apr 29, 2007
    To you”gators” who bailed on this team, shame on you and your selfishness. Hope you feel miserable and guiltily for your decision to hang your team out to dry. Pitiful!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007
    We also barely played Trask.

If Trask plays all game we get into the 30s even with the massive drops.

The future just looks bad .... that’s the problem

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
  18. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    My point is, OU had as many freshmen playing tonight as we did. The difference is they played the season that way. OU is easily going to be a pre-season #1 next year.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  19. Matthanuf06

Sep 13, 2007

Eh.... we win the title if we had a competent DC this year

• Like Like x 1
  20. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    Gezzz man some of these post tonight...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1