Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Official Postgame Thread: Gators 31 Vols 19

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorNavy, Dec 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CadGator

CadGator Senior

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Which part? Haha

2. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I could be wrong but it sure looks like Dan takes entire series off with the play calling. Watch some of the shots in the second half and Dan is absolutely not calling plays in. This may account for the semi wild swings in play call rhythms we all notice while watching some of the games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. canagator

canagator All American

Jan 1, 2020
    Stoney Creek Ontario
    The defence has been a concern all season, at times they get the job done and I think maybe they are starting to gel into a cohesive unit, then they don't! It's hard to complain too much about an offence that is one of the best in the nation but sometimes the plays called and execution seem lacking! All this being said it comes down to what we do in one game, sure we are heavy underdogs but maybe this will be the game where everything clicks, I'm thrilled we are going to Atlanta, who knows what can happen?

4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. freedomgator

freedomgator GC Legend

Mar 26, 2017
    Are you aware that we have an OC on the staff?

7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Other than that, though, they appear to be pretty well-coached.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    It sure looked like he has made a habit of throwing off this back foot. The Oline play was offensive yesterday, rarely giving him time to set his feet, but he's gotta break that habit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. devincdoss

devincdoss Junior

Aug 9, 2017
    Chapel Hill, NC
    We need to remember that Mullen cued up his best game when it mattered most against UGA. He’s not gonna give Bama anything new on film and he’ll open up his bag of tricks against them.

Last night wasn’t pretty, but I wouldn’t use it as much of a gauge for our offense against bama and like you said, I think we can beat them (if the defense shows up)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    It coincides with the Reese injury pretty well. He was our best run blocking lineman. I wonder if Delance is dinged up. My friend heard that they played Delance after White went down because he was better for the run game than others at that position. They were hoping with a strong right side, we could at least run that way. However since Reese got dinged up, can’t get the run game going again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Sarasota, FL
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    Maybe Mullens keeps it close with LSU to give Bameers a false sense of our team, then BAM! He will hit them hard and fast with Trusk, Potts, Poney, and Grimey!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    We need one more home regular season win vs. LSU, then a business trip to Atlanta. Playing the #1 team in the nation is a daunting task but also a huge well earned opportunity. We didn’t have to play perfect games to beat USCe, Missouri, Arkansas, Vandy or UK but we will need to bring the best effort of the season from staff and the roster for Bama. I hope every Gator prepares and plays like his football future depends on giving his best effort on every play. Tight coverage, gang tackling, holding that block the extra second and near perfect execution hasn’t been a trademark of this Gator team, but if they put it together vs. Bama on the 19th, it can make the ‘20 Gators the SEC Champs and catapult them into the playoffs where they won’t see a better team than the one they just beat.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  14. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    I really hope we go with tempo against bama. That seems to be the only thing that bothered them this year against Ole Miss. it wouldn’t hurt if Trask takes off running a few times. I remember Corral hurt them with his legs. Got like 50 yards on the ground if you take out the 2 sacks

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sqgator

sqgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
  16. LAGatorDoc

Jul 29, 2012
    One other thought. Maybe Mullen is an evil genius. Maybe by making the score 31-19 instead of 60-7, he was ensuring Baldilocks will stick around another year without being fired

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Is that rhetorical? Fact is Dan is normally calling plays through much of the first half but you begin to notice him not doing so at times in the 2nd. It’s more of an answer to some of the handwringing over play calling when we lose our rhythm. I think that may be it

18. justinwitt07

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Exactly what is there to disagree with @freedomgator. At the risk of hearing what type of suspect answer you’re gonna give I still ask that. When are drops ever a good thing or when will they not cost u against a team like bama. You do realize drops are bad right. You’ve officially made my dipshit list , and will be on the narc list as soon as u report this and I get banned. Oh well, folks like u wear me out

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. WyoGator

WyoGator Senior

Apr 21, 2007
    Wyoming
    It’s there to catch his crappy plays

20. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

They gave up most of their yards and first downs and points in the final 6 minutes of the game too. I thought they did a pretty good job except for prevent time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.