Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Offensive Line Rotation

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by oneatatime, Sep 26, 2021.

1. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Missed the beginning of the game due to ESPN's extended coverage of Clemson-NC State, but did Reese even play?

Saw DeLance at right tackle early, but most of the game from what I could tell, Braun and Tarquin manned the right side.

When Eguakun went down with what appeared to be a lower leg injury, Leonard was inserted at center instead of Reese, who I thought was the backup center if available.

Gouraige and White manned the left side throughout the game, Not sure if they missed any snaps until late in the game.

A solid performance all around, netting over 500 yards and obviously wearing down a tiring Tennessee defense in the second half

2. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    We have been busting the OL's balls for a few years now. We need to start giving them kudos for the numbers that the offense is putting up.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    Stewart Reese was out with an injury.

4. oneatatime

Apr 19, 2007
    So until Leonard came in, we essentially played with six offensive linemen on plays from scrimmage. Always concerned about tiring offensive linemen getting injured, but on the other hand, they are building much needed continuity.

5. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    we definitely need to get healthy on the O-line. The pocket was not nearly as clean as it was against bama, nor was the run blocking as crisp. I'm glad the backups stepped up but...Tennessee is not that good compared to who is coming up on our schedule. I really hope we can get all of our best on the field moving forward and not slowly lose the war of attrition by injury. This is where we have to recruit better on the O line so guys deeper on the roster can contribute sooner if they are pressed into action sooner than we would like IMHO.

6. oneatatime

Apr 19, 2007
    I thought McElroy was spot on with his commentary about Florida not at least attempting to throw the ball downfield in the first half. Once we opened things up early in the second half, the entire offense including the offensive line became dominant

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Tenn has a good defensive line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Stewart Reese didn't play, didn't dress. Hope he is ready for at UK.

Concerned about Kingsley Eguakun since he limped off the field and didn't come back. Hope he can play at UK too.

Our outstanding media at Mullen's postgame presser failed to ask about either player. That's called getting lost in the OL trench unless you are playing poorly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    TN had two weeks to prepare for us anc their front 7 is the strength of their d. Several quality transfers on that side, but had to replace a lot of kids that hit the portal as well

10. bottledigger

bottledigger GC Legend

Aug 26, 2007
    Connecticut
    I get the point and injuries are always of paramount interest to me as well. But TBH, even if they would have pressed Mullen for injury info, you know he wouldn’t have given anything of substance. We’d be just in the dark as we are now.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We don't know because nobody asked. Mullen might have said the trainer told me it isn't anything serious with Eguakun if someone had asked. I can't say they even noticed Reese wasn't playing to know to ask the question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I thinks GA and LSU will both bring better defensive fronts to the game and whomever we play in the SECCG

13. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    He actually did come back after he limped off the field. He was playing again in the last drive. Then he went down again and limped off again. He was in obvious pain and is definitely trying to fight through it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    Our O-line last season was great in pass-blocking, suspect in run-blocking. This year's group seems great at both. Just gotta keep 'em healthy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    As an OC coordinator CDM is nothing short of amazing. georgia's brain trust couldn't integrate a series of plays for a DT QB so he transferred. Mullen abandoned his base O philosophy and established a complete pass first offense for Trask and now has in one season established a run first offense with a stable of great RBs. It's almost a full transition in a single season.

Unfortunately his DC is still a mystery. Maybe by the time we play georgia he will have an answer for their TE pass game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1