Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Offensive line participation against Utah- Where's Braun

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by oneatatime, Sep 5, 2022.

1. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    The offensive line did a great job against Utah. Did the starters play the entire game?

The participation list includes Barber, Slaughter, Leonard and Waites, but not Braun, who I was under the impression,the first guy off the bench.

Were these guys in exclusively on special teams?

Football vs Utah on 9/3/2022 - Box Score - Florida Gators

2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It looks like everybody in the 2 deep played except Josh Braun. Being he is like #6 on the OL, it could be 1 of 2 things:

1. Braun is injured, and it wasn't announced. If that is the case, Napier will update injuries in his Monday presser.

2. Braun could have been suspended for the game. In the past, suspensions were announced prior to kickoff. I kept looking for the last-minute announcement of suspensions and didn't see anything.

It could be the participation report is wrong too. Maybe Braun played and he was left off the list.

Did anyone see anyone else in the 2 deep that didn't play as expected? Napier seemed to have a revolving door for the players all game long. That would make sense on a hot and humid night game.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. nobody

nobody Freshman

Sep 5, 2021
    He is 3rd string now

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I saw Braun on the field.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. bike1014

bike1014 GC Legend

Jan 9, 2010
    I was sober this game, and I’m 99% sure Braun played.

Thought the OL was really good. And we should have continuity for several years…good roster balance right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Zero chance Josh Braun is 3rd string. He is a 2 behind Torrence on the Utah depth chart. In all preseason reports, he is listed as the #6 OL who can play both RG and LG. That kind of talent after playing a lot the previous 2 years hasn't dropped to 3rd string.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He may have been on the field, but he didn't play. I checked the bios on florida.com. The 9 OL on the participation report have had their bios updated. Josh Braun is listed as not having played in the game.

I guess we are back to injured or suspended. I can't believe a potential NFL talent wouldn't see the field otherwise and especially so on such a warm and humid night when lots of players were rotated in and out to keep everyone fresh.

8. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This is a good media question if anyone is knowledgeable enough to ask about it at the presser today.

9. nobody

nobody Freshman

Sep 5, 2021
    He is a high scholar student, very smart and is a stand up young man with great character. Extremely and always quick to help. Those two things are a fact!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Also fact, Braun is not 3rd string. There is a reason he didn't play against Utah, but we don't know the reason at this time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. nobody

nobody Freshman

Sep 5, 2021
    LOL, OK

12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    2 on depth chart behind torrence. if you have 3rd string proof show it. otherwise, your hobby horse is calling you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. nobody

nobody Freshman

Sep 5, 2021
    See on paper, doesn’t make it the truth!!!

2 deep, he would have hit the field, but…….that’s right, he did not. He might be hurt, but not want I heard. But, my hobby horse is miss behaving.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    I’m not too sure about that.

15. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Braun had a close shave.

Yeah, this is kind of lame, but what the heck.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This board is good for reporting what you hear. Candy in recruiting often.

Braun played tons the last 2 years. He can play RG and LG so he isn't just your typical backup. All of the reports coming out of camp said he was OL #6 because he backed up Torrence. If he's 3rd string and the depth chart is wrong, bring the discussion. What have you heard?

17. nobody

nobody Freshman

Sep 5, 2021
    Just say I heard it from a very close source, but there might be other issues. I hope not, he is a good person, both his brothers and father were good players at this level. Parker is probably the better one, but Josh is the biggest of all of them. Yes, he did play a lot last year, but never started.

I think they were taking it slower with him. Change bad weight to better weight, but let’s be realistic, with a almost 6 sec 40, does not work well at this level. I know he has improved, but that is all I heard. I was hoping to see him play, but he did not. I know that it would be out of character, if there is a discipline issue, because that is not the person he was in High School or his time at UF. I talked to someone and that is what I heard, not sure why, but I believe the source. Maybe he is hurt a little and they chose to hold him out.

I wish the best for this young man, I do know he planned on staying at UF for the full 5 years. He wants degree, probably a MS, but you know, that from your own words, I’m delusional. Plus, I am having a real issue with my mean ass hobby horse hating on me.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    We will see in the depth chart coming out later today, but Braun was backing up Torrence in last week's depth chart. Of course none of us know why he didn’t play. Did anyone see him on the sideline?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He was dressed out on the sideline

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I was torn between funny and fist bump thanks. Fist bump it is. You identified no one you shouldn't and you believe the information is good.

I'm having a hard time understanding the situation, but we'll see as the season plays out. Whatever happens is no reflection on you. Again, thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1