Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Observations and such....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by shelbygt350, Sep 23, 2019.

1. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    And, they were completely gassed too. During our last offensive drive, I looked down and counted 9 of 11 players with their hands on their hips between plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I noticed that too, and its something I always look for from the opposing team, when they're habitually doing that. Its starts with the big men and works its way down to the smaller guys.

When I see half a defense is doing it is when I always say "pound on 'em now!" or "go deep!". Lol

UK did it in the fourth quarter against us too.

Ive noticed fsu's defense is usually doing it right after the third quarter gets started.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Forgot these-

Lacedrick Brunson a "Randy special" at Lber, had 5 tackles, 2 solo. He is showing signs of being a "player". From Miami, as I recall, he was a 3 star, but all Dade in the big leagues.

Burney had 5 tackles, and one pick. Wow.

#97 showing a little more "stuff" each game. Bogle a DE, true fr. Needs some of my tonnage, which I will gladly convey 20 to him.

The UT RB's combined for 19 carries for 77 yards. 4 per carry with one 16 yarder.

The back up UT qb was a true fr from Ocala. Never heard of him.

Looking ahead to Auburn ( I cant resist), Bo Nix stats per game:

TexAM 12 of 20 for 100 yd, 1 TD, 0 Int
    KentSt 12 of 16 for 161 yd, 1 TD, 0 Int
    Tul 19 of 37 for 207 yd, 1 TD, 0 Int
    Org 13 of 31 177 yd 2 TD, 2 Int (one being the last seconds bomb TD)

He does not make mistakes. In last 3 games he is averaging 6.4 yards per attempt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    You can tell their S&C is garbage. In the SEC, if you don't have superior S&C, you are toast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. missourigator

missourigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Auburn is the litmus test. We are 4 and 0, soon to be 5-0. That is great! But who've we beaten? Miami 2-2 only beating CMich and BCookman and lost also to NCar who lost to Appy State, UTM and Towson are both FBS schools, Ky 2-2 just got waxed by Miss. St. beat two low level Mac schools, Tenn 1-3 with just a win over UTC. But we are getting better each week and hopefully be healthy by the Auburn game. This game may determine if we are 8-4 or 10-2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    How many sacks has Bogle already gotten in the last three games? Two? And what, 5 tackles for loss? He's really holding his own in relief of Zuniga.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. 1975Gator

1975Gator Senior

Jan 5, 2012
    I don't think it's a matter of him getting hired. He's the AD and can just appoint himself head coach.

8. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But But But they have Jimbo and he is the best coach ever I mean EVERRRRRR.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BrianUF5220

BrianUF5220 Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    This OP is kind of like the Dooley Back nine, except interesting and without having to read thru the Music selections.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. wargunfan

wargunfan GC Hall of Fame

Jan 6, 2010
    Inside your head.
    They flat out quit in Q4. They just wanted to run clock and get out or town. Pitiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    KT really liked Pitts and Van.
    I'm for spreading the wealth. D can't really key on one or two guys. It's hard to map tendencies when the ball sprays around.
    CF. Gator BB-Very dangerous when all five starters avg double figures. No bell cow, but everyone can score.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    1) Agreed
    2) Loved ucf getting the air let out. Back to the kids' table.
    6) The first pick was a black swan... dude was falling face first, he made a one handed catch. It was into coverage tho. #2 Either late or underthrown IMO. I believe his pocket clock will get better on the fumble. He's a gunner. I recall 2 or 3 other passes into coverage that I thought might have been purloined, but great effort on our part for the catches. As to KT's assessment, that's what Farve and Brees and Rexie and Marino would say.
    8) Still moving the pieces around. Left side looked a bit more stout. I know the O Line isn't doing Perine any favors, but I'd still like to see more of Malik and Pierce.
    10) Read an article on harbobsessivemartinet-Strangely, UM has NOT kept rolling his contract...hmmm. Only has 2 years. Cutting ties would be cheep...like the budgie.

13. ajjaxgator

Aug 3, 2007
    Duval
    True. BUT-SCum and UK were freakin dogfights that we plausibly could have lost. Aubrin has faced some adversity, trailed Ducks for 59+ minutes, really seemed in control over the jimbo's. Their 2 lines are what concern me. Nix is still a frosh and a game manager. If we can't heat him up with 4, that could be trouble. I think their D Line is as good as SCum's or a bit better.
    Work out some kinks, get CJ and Z Man back, maybe KT. And let's rekindle that au hate.

14. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t mind SFla 3 stars. Staffs can analyze and decide. We have a lot of 3 star talent recruited by butternut’s staff that are very good. We should have a couple of SFla 3 stars in every class. Why not? Shawn Davis was a 3 star Dade(?) and his film was exceptional. I could see 4 per class. If recruiting full and balanced classes some players coming on in their third season is normal. Looks like Brunson is there. That said and only to make the point about recruiting, if you only get 2 and 3 star players those names will be announced after plays as “tackle made by .... “ and can lead one to think a low rated player has turned out to be all world. I love where it appears we are or could be with a few lucky breaks this season. We need it. We need some more big wins because frankly this staff needs it to close this class and buy the credibility to get the best of Florida prospects to wait before they commit to georgia, Bama, Clemson for next cycle and to give those that have time and reason to reconsider. Depth could become more apparent as our difficult season continues. Hoping for some DL flips and DBU level DBs to come on board.

• Like Like x 1
  15. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Anyone know if there is anything to the buzz on other sites reporting brenton cox may have gotten his waiver?

16. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    If true that would be great news

17. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    No idea if true but multiple gator pages on line are buzzing about it. Nothing confirmed and I am only asking about what I am seeing at the moment

18. Hurtin4certain

Hurtin4certain Freshman

Nov 8, 2013
    Ocala
    Backup QB from Tenn was a stud QB at West Port High here in Ocala.. FYI

19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Wasn't Brunson actually a 2* late addition at signing day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    He was a 2* IIRC - maybe 3* depending on the recruiting service.

He played well last week so good for him and us! Randy Shannon, not so much.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1