Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Obama and wife use portrait artist who shows black women holding severed white heads

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator_fever, Feb 12, 2018.

1. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Not close, trump doesn't have small hands. And I don't recall anybody taking a snipe at big o's hands so we don't really know. The portrait greatly exaggerates his hands,

2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You seem to be getting almost as fixated on Trump's hand size as Trump is.

Here is a pic of them side by side. Their hands are roughly the same size. Obama's hands are more slender and fingers appear a touch longer. Trump's hands are pudgier as is the case with his overall KFC sculpted physique.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

That Hillary portrait is not at all accurate from the waist down.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Did you have to go there?

It's Valentines day.

I'd like to have some positive female images in my head. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

You're right. On the catholic day of love, I should be nice to women. So no wise crack follow ups at Hillary's expense.

and today's Ash Wednesday.....since I have no desire to give up any of my precious vice's. Maybe I should give up expressing any negative opinions

• Like Like x 1
  6. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    Easy, once you've created the image on Photoshop you can either print it out on canvas and paint over the print, or project it onto the canvas with a digital projector and paint over that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    I am not th one making a point of being wrong oak. Big o has tiny hands trump doesn't. What do you think st picture shoes? Obama's hands are slender like a woman's, my mom even comments on it. It's irrelevant but clearly he didn't want to be immortalized like that.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Obama is a skinny dude. Trump is a relatively fat dude (in kind terms).

Body weight alone makes a huge difference. You can actually see a pudge of fat sagging on the underside of Trump's right hand as he goes to shake Obama's hand... kinda like obese people get that fat sagging on the backs of their arms.

Perhaps Trump might have slightly thicker hands if not for his obesity, but that's really difficult to tell. Other than that, their hands are about the same size. With a little difference in finger length.

They both have fairly small hands for guys their height. I don't care one way or another. Trump cares a lot based on how often he brings it up. And I guess some of his supporters do too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. trekcid

trekcid Premium Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Sarasota Fl
    What if the races were reversed in the portraits ? The artist and the President would be crucified in the media.

11. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator with bulletproof posts! Moderator VIP Member

Artistically the perspective is awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2017
    True. I was so distracted by the crazy background that I was giving the actual likeness too much credit by saying it wasn't bad. It is bad. It's an awkward vantage point and the detail is not as good as I thought at first. Look at his left hand, it almost looks like he's got a sixth finger tucked under that pinkie.

[​IMG]

...and the look of his face reminds me of the guy from Portlandia:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mdfgator

mdfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    San Francisco
    Trump is an overweight large man. Obama is an in shape little man.

14. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    I think the portrait is awful. The background is the worst.

It does not shock me about the artist. They are racist. Because they are black or mixed "they can't be racist" All you have to do is read Obama's book.

I am around this attitude in N.O. and I have family that are caught up in this attitude.

It is funny the same crowd KNOWS Trump is a racist.

And I hate race. I'm what ever God says I am.

15. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    At best, you furthered my point--the guy didn't even take the project of painting a POTUS portrait anymore serious than he took the projects you posted.

That. Was. The. Point.

...and as for y'all's silly spinning and arrogant condescension about 'artistic merit'--screw it...let's call a spade a spade.

The *portrait*, such as it is, is a freak'n pathetic joke. It is not a portrait, it is a cartoon. It is more caricature, than portrait.

Your hero-artist is utterly lazy and disrespected your other hero, by treating the project of painting a portrait of a POTUS as any other project--frankly less, because the leafy backdrop is even less demanding and less intricate than the red Chinese looking carpet backdrop, and far less than the one with THREE picture frames, and the muse painted THREE times.

That's more than THREE TIMES the work he dedicated to painting the portrait of the POTUS.

It's lazy, it's crap, and it shows.

Artistically speaking, it is rank amateur carni-faire.

Coulda' got higher quality work from like 15,000 art students across the country, who would surely have striven to capture some semblance of dignity befitting the project.

The actual portrait actually looks more like the cover of a National Review or The Economist issue...

16. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    You're funny. Obama hires an artist who's work he likes, but you think the artist should do Obama's portrait in a different style than the work Obama hired him because of. I guess you have to find something to complain about.

Hey Pollack, I like your work, but you can make me a painting without splatters?
    Hey Yves Klein, I really like your stuff, but can you make me a painting in red?
    Hey Dali, I really like your work, but you can paint me something realistic?
    Hey Estes, I dig your paintings, but could you make me something abstract?

Yeah, that makes sense.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Graffiti.

18. BigCroc

BigCroc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know - I think he should use this one this one, as sort of an homage to his predecessor with a Trumpian theme:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Under budget & ahead of schedule Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Mar-A-Lago
    BO also sat in a church every Sunday listening to a preacher defame the United States for 20 years without ever agreeing with him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. RayGator

RayGator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    It's absolutely disgusting.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1