Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Nuttin but Net Bracketology Panel

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by gatordavisl, Mar 20, 2021.

1. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    It's so great to have the tourney back. While March madness is in full form, the Gators were able to avoid the madness yesterday getting by VT in a nip-and-tuck O/T contest. Last year with the tourney cancelled, I created a virtual bracket. We had a panel of bracketologists, many who are participating here, and three judges whose scores were averaged to determine the outcome. It was fun, but "ain't nothing like the real thing baby." So without further adieu, here is your Nuttin but Net bracketology panel along with their day one picks (# correct out of 16) and FF selections. Champion pick is in alt color.

Bracketologist.................Day1.....West........East...........South........Midwest
    @GratefulGator..................12.........Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor.......Houston
    @HallGator........................11.........Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor.......Illinois
    @murphree_hall.................11.........Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor........Tennessee
    @GatorLurker.....................11.........Gonzaga....Alabama....Ohio St......Illinois
    @OklahomaGator................10.........Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor.......Illinois
    @akaGatorhoops.................10.........Iowa.........Texas........Florida.......Oklahoma St
    @gatordavisl.......................10.........Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor.......Illinois
    @tampajack1......................10.........Gonzaga...Georgetown.Ohio St.....Illinois
    @channingcrowderhungry.....10.........Gonzaga....FSU...........Ohio St.....Illinois
    @ApexNC.............................9.........Gonzaga....FSU...........Baylor.......Illinois
    @number1...........................8..........Gonzaga....Alabama....Baylor.......West Virginia

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    Thanks @gatordavisl for your hard work in getting this bracket challenge up and running.
    I like the way things are shaking out so far!

Are you doubling the number of points for each round?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  3. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Your bid hinges on that oh so unique championship pick.

4. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Since I'm usually pretty bad at picks I'm pleasantly surprised to be tied for 2nd

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I am kind of screwed with Ohio State in the FF, but I am happy to be screwed with not having to play them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

So are the rest of us;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

So u are happier playing the team that beat them ... ok

8. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, I am. We match up better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

This is a very good squad! But we can do it .. I hope

10. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Hey wing - did you try to join from the link I sent?

11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    Is UVA going down?!!!

12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    There's been some movement throughout the day. Grateful dropped out of first for a while, but ended up back on top. After hitting on 10/16 on day one, AKA got 13 on day two and is in a tie for first, along with Lurker.

Bracketologist.................Rd1.......West........East...........South........Midwest........Swt16 pks remain
    @GratefulGator..................23.........Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor.......Houston...........13
    @akaGatorhoops................23.........Iowa.........Texas.........Florida.......Oklahoma St.....12
    @GatorLurker....................23.........Gonzaga....Alabama....Ohio St.......Illinois..............11
    @HallGator........................22.........Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor.......Illinois..............14
    @murphree_hall.................22.........Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor........Tennessee........13
    @channingcrowderhungry....22.........Gonzaga....FSU...........Ohio St......Illinois..............11
    @gatordavisl......................21.........Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor........Illinois..............13
    @ApexNC..........................20.........Gonzaga....FSU...........Baylor........Illinois..............12
    @tampajack1.....................19.........Gonzaga...Georgetown.Ohio St......Illinois..............11
    @OklahomaGator................18.........Gonzaga...Michigan.....Baylor........Illinois..............13
    @number1.........................18.........Gonzaga...Alabama.....Baylor........West Virginia.....10

13. number1

number1 Premium Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Just glad I'm not in last place alone. lol

14. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I need to enjoy this view while I have it. I’m going to fall fast w Texas losing.

15. 33hoop

33hoop GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Did you happen to catch the end of the Oklahoma game? Kruger is a good coach.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    I had both Texas and BYU advancing so that's gone.

17. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    I had Illinois winning it all, Ohio State in the FF, and Wisconsin going deep.

I drank the Big Ten kool-aid.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Yep there were a few of us who picked Illinois. They should not have had to play sister Jeanne in the second round. She is tough as nails. I guess Michigan will get rolled too. Maybe by FSU.

19. GatorLurker

Apr 8, 2007
    At the beginning of the season I asked Ken Pomeroy if he was confident in his methodology given the lack of a lot of OOC games. I was particularly interested in how the Big Ten would fare given all the pollster love the conference was getting. He didn't answer which was a surprise. He usually answered my inquiries.

I even posted on NBN at the beginning of the season that one should discount the Big Ten teams come March Madness given that.

I should have followed my own advice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Hard to get excited about the tourney now with IL (my champ & second fave) and FL out. Here are the updated standings. Murph had a good day of picks yesterday, getting five teams to advance. Look out for Oklahomagator and ApexNC, both who have six elite eight teams alive.

Bracketologist...............Rd1......Day 3........West........East..........South........Midwest........Elite 8 remain
    murphree_hall.................22.........5..............Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor........Tennessee.......5
    GratefulGator..................23.........4..............Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor........Houston...........7
    HallGator........................22.........4..............Gonzaga....Michigan.....Baylor........Illinois.............5
    gatordavisl......................21.........4..............Gonzaga....Michigan....Baylor.........Illinois.............5
    akaGatorhoops................23.........3..............Iowa.........Texas.........Florida........Ok St..............5
    channingcrowderhungry....22.........3..............Gonzaga....FSU...........Ohio St.......Illinois.............5
    GatorLurker....................23..........2..............Gonzaga....Alabama.....Ohio St......Illinois.............5
    ApexNC..........................20..........3..............Gonzaga....FSU...........Baylor........Illinois.............6
    tampajack1.....................19..........3..............Gonzaga...Georgetown.Ohio St......Illinois.............4
    OklahomaGator................18.........3...............Gonzaga...Michigan.....Baylor........Illinois............6
    number1.........................18.........3...............Gonzaga...Alabama.....Baylor........WVU...............5