Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

NSC official Vindman's testimony

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Oct 29, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    And you wonder why we think the left is unhinged when they make deceitful statements like this.

2. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I disagree completely. The dems have screwed themselves from the start of this. Like the Russia hoax this to will be a complete waste of time. What have the dems accomplished in 3 years? Nothing. That's why their approval rating is so low. Americans are fed up with this , it's a complete joke

3. fredsanford

fredsanford GC Hall of Fame

Dec 1, 2008
    Vote for a criminal and he’ll be convicted.

Now head on back to Daily Stormer for more talking points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    I understand but the facts are against you.

The Senate, where Rs are in the majority issued a report that concluded the Russians tried to influence the 2016 election in the favor of Trump. Mueller found that Manafort gave voter information to the Russians to aid in the effort to influence the election and only the fact that the Russians involved would not testify what they did with the data prevented charges of conspiracy from being charged. There were several instances of obstruction by Trump that over 1,000 former federal prosecutors said were prosecutable crimes. It is not a hoax.

Mitch McConnell is sitting on so many bills passed by the house (> 300) that he brags about being "the grim reaper" including bills that would have increased the security of the 2020 elections.

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Democrats may have a low approval rating but it's not as low as that of the Republicans and this poll was taken a month ago before the news regarding Trump's shenanigans on Ukraine really broke.
    Democrats Maintain Favorability Edge Over Republicans
    What's really a sad joke is the way a certain segment of the American electorate and a certain political party has attached itself to a corrupt former reality television star and con artist.

6. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Excuse me, but there is no "we."
    You are, of course, 1000% correct. You are also wasting your time if you think facts, logic and/or the law is going to move his opinion. It is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    By “live on this site” you mean averaging about one post every other day, I guess you are right. That only leaves me about 23 hours, 59 min and 30 seconds a day to cram in the rest of my life.
    That being said, I have spent enough time in combat to know that some dude bad mouthing the colonel simply because he told the truth is a coward.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. scamgtr

scamgtr Senior

Feb 3, 2010
    Stuart, FL
    No one has to have tolerance for ignorance or hate, no matter how you try to polish a turd it’s still a turd.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There you go again. Picking and choosing which polling data to believe. Comical.

10. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Baseless accusations against a decorated soldier that served our country on the front lines is reprehensible. The same goes for those that support and encourage it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    How would you describe people who put support for a serial criminal and traitor ahead of support for their country?

If not anti-American, it's heavily deluded. Trump supporters want to believe the lies Trump tells. I get that. But you know he lies all the time, then tries to tell you it's all these other career military, intelligence and diplomats who are lying. Common sense should kick in here.

Also, you've got a bunch of posters here who recognize Trump for what he is, but are not "leftists". It's a cop out to label people like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You just described every politician
    We also have a lot of posters who claim to be republicans and they're not. You falsely claim hes a traitor all the time and ridiculous

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Nobody here is extolling the virtues of the "typical politician", most (not all) would certainly lie through their teeth to save themselves, for instance. They all engage in spinning and lying to lesser degrees in order to prove points or support policy. That is politics 101. But for the vast majority, even political spin is grounded in some truth. Trump doesn't engage in "lying to degrees", he's gone exponential.

I'm not so sure the traitor tag is "ridiculous". Given Trump's welcoming of Russia aid in the 2016 election, his undermining relations with democratic allies (if not outright hostility to democracy in general), his ceding of Syria to Russia and Turkey (you might recall Mike Flynn was a paid agent of Turkey, and that Assad is effectively installed by Putin). In this case his attempt to extort political gain using $400 million in military aid to a key ally, who coincidentally are under direct attack from Russia. If Trump is not a traitor, he's the dumbest most corrupt "patriot" in history.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Any person who conspires with a foreign country or puts their interests over that of this country is a traitor.

He did it with Russia in the 2016 election, likely did it in his unprecedented unrecorded private meetings with Putin, did it here with the Ukraine, and did it in Syria with Turkey and Russia again.

He is a traitor. His personal interests are more important to him than the country, and for whatever reasons his personal interests are being driven by Putin.

Pelosi is spot on with her observations that "all roads lead to Putin".

• Winner Winner x 4
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    in b4 duchen corrects you with the statutory definition of traitor (that it requires a declaration of war, etc). ;)

16. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks but that would be treason.

Traitor - a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.

Treason (U.S.) - Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.

Trump could be walking the line on the legal definition of treason with his support for Russia, and abandoning our allies, but I stuck with traitor so as to avoid that issue.

17. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Please explain how withholding Congressionally approved funds for the defense of Ukraine until the President of Ukraine agrees to publicly announce an investigation into the Biden family is doing exactly what is best for America? Is this the action any President of the United States should be taking, regardless of political affiliation? Would it OK for a D President to do the same, or is it only ok for an R President? Or do you believe that this is still a soft coup attempt and people like Taylor, who has served his country for decades, and Vindman, a decorated career military man with two decades of honorable service, are part of a larger, deep state cell hell bent on impeaching Trump?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I will agree with most of this. I don’t think it’s a appropriate to suggest that the people on the other side of the aisle are trying to hurt the country. Red, blue, purple, or polka dots. We all have the same basic goals.

On that note, I would suggest one edit to your language. When you say that we “finally have a President who's doing exactly what's best for America”, I’d just change it to “what I think is best for America.” What both of us are trying to say is that the basic difference between the sides is one of perspective or approach, not quality or love of country.

I think both Trump supporters and critics believe that they are acting in the best interest of the nation, and there isn’t a “right” answer to which one is correct.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    . Really? @Tjgators would have the Russians march into Ukraine.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  20. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    Ok, I feel about myself again.
    Now back on subject---
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ood-news-trump-theyre-really-grasping-straws/
    Republicans are pointing to this line from Morrison’s opening statement regarding Trump’s July 25 call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky: “I want to be clear, I was not concerned that anything illegal was discussed."

He also, most importantly, corroborated the testimony of the top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine, William B. Taylor Jr., who said last week that Morrison described to him what can only be described as a quid pro quo. Taylor testified that Morrison told him that Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, told a Ukrainian official that military aid had been conditioned on Ukraine announcing an investigation into the company that employed Hunter Biden, Burisma Holdings.