Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

NPF

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by VandyGator13, Jan 10, 2018.

1. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 GC Legend

Oct 1, 2012
    NPF has said that he will officially visit UF, Bama, and OSU. Mullen is going head-to-head with Saban and Meyer for a 5star prospect. If he is able to pull it out, obviously would be an unbelievable recruiting win at position of need. Go get em, coach!

https://t.co/6uerEYwX0r?amp=1

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    After his performance in UA game, I'm not that excited about him. Seems like a project despite the recruiting geeks infatuation with him. Reminds me of Humphries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. VandyGator13

VandyGator13 GC Legend

Oct 1, 2012
    Humphries who was a first round pick and starter for the Arizona Cardinals? I wouldn't mind having a player with that potential and coaching by Hevesy on my team.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

Would love to have him. Its called development and coaching. To judge him off an all star game performance is ridiculous. Hell, hencoyld have been nursing a minor injury, had the flu" or just a bad outing.

I sure wouldn't turn him away.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. nmd55

nmd55 GC Hall of Fame

May 24, 2007
    Has there ever been a OL that performed well at one of these games?

This is a big news. When SOW hired Frey it was thought they were his leaders. But if it is down to us, OSU and Bama then that is good news. He strikes me as a really intellectual kid so the fact that UF is a top 5 public university has to make us the leader!!

6. 3rdgengator

3rdgengator Freshman

Dec 21, 2016
    If not NPF I just hope we still have a shot at NPH. He's a triple threat I'm told.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    For weeks I've said we need to watch out for ohio state here. I know many recruiting "experts" have him going to Bama and that could happen. I don't feel great about him coming to UF. IMO, he's been so quiet regarding his intentions so that he can avoid the pressures of staying in-state. AGAIN just my opinion of course.

Re: OL I think we add Montilus and Barnes. I used to feel strongly that we'd get those 2 plus NPF but not anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Yeah, the same Humphries who got pushed around and didn't do much of anything for us and then left early.

9. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    A frosh AA and started every game as true frosh

Injured in sophomore year and only played five

Missed two the next year but came back to play ten and become high draft choice

In case some missed it

10. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    And most people shocked he got drafted that high since his performance on the field was mediocre at best. Sadly, it was probably still better than anyone we've had on the OL lately and maybe NPF will be an upgrade too. Probably not for the gumps or bucknuts though.

11. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Voted AA Picked high

Those people have a better opinion than you

Those people are called experts

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. NOLAGATOR

NOLAGATOR GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2014
    Calm down.

We need players and a 4-5 * OL is ok with me.

We need 25 players - That's the bottom line.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Sad that they are. Tons of misses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. blkwtr

blkwtr Senior

Jan 3, 2018
    Sign Barnes and Montilus. Getting Gourage or NPF is a super bonus. Getting both would be insanely good. To be honest, B & M plus two already signed would be good. Glad we will get a NPF visit and not FSU.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Good post. I agree. Unfortunately, I think we couldve/may have lost gouraige to auburn already.

One great thing is that King Richard has already taken his official visit to auburn so we still have a great opportunity to seal the deal with him on his official. The shimmer of his visit to auburn will have worn off.

I know RG was/is a big fan of brad davis and his departure soured RG on uf which is the main reason he didn't sign early. Most articles that include quotes from RG are from before the coaching change so they're completely useless.

Barnes is high on UF and has a good relationship with Hevesy. I think hes a gator.

I believe we add Montilus and Barnes to the 2 we already signed. Id give it a 60% chance that gouraige signs with uf. (247 gives it a 90% hes a gator but I dont think its been updated recently but i dont know that factually)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. minnesotagator

minnesotagator GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Too far north
    Wasn’t Frey supposed to lock NPF up for the SOW?? Guess that didn’t go as planned :devil:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. g8rl8

g8rl8 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    The article says he already took visits to Michigan and ND, but that doesn't mean those two schools are no longer contenders...unless I missed something. This guy is very interesting to me. Very atypical in the way he's handled his recruitment.

18. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    He did visit those schools back in Oct and November. Since the university of Michigan decided to have their bowl game practices at NPF's school he was able to watch those practices and talk to the players.

I don't think either of those schools are a threat. It's UF, BAMA and Ohio State. He's been to UF several times and he should be ecstatic about the coaching change.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    fsu just hired Michigan’s online coach which can’t help them

20. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He has all the tools you look for. He obviously was not used to the level of talent at the UAAAG. That said I love his film, especially his down field blocking.

• Agree Agree x 1