Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Now I get Why all libs love Taylor Swift

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorPrincess8, Jan 31, 2024.

1. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators VIP Member

I was indifferent to her until I learned she supported and donated to Hamas. Now I think she is Jane Fonda 2.0. This makes me feel sorry for Travis Kelce, but I do believe that "relationship" was scripted by the NFL. The NFL has become faker that WWE and that is saying something. I thought it was bad when they kneeled, but my dad is right it's fake. I don't want to see Tebow in his Calvin's in the stands either much less Jason Kelce. All I want to see is the game if I want football and romance, I get my kindle out and search "football romance" and bang there is 3,000+ titles to choose from. It's not that hard. I mean I prefer the Hockey romances myself that's not important here.
    Then you get the trashy HT show, at least they did good with Reba singing the anthem. Not only do we have to endure all that, but the commercials are so woke.
    I think after this SB I am done with the NFL and that makes me sad. I mean Swift is bring in female fans that don't know anything about the game, and those females like me that can tell a difference between a safety blitz and a corner blitz have to pay for this.

• Come On Man x 7
    • Agree x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  2. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Ok... who hacked GatorPrincess' account?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GatorPrincess8

no one, but these new "female fans" Gives female fans like me a bad name and it pisses me off.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Taylor Swift attended a comedy show of a friend who said proceeds of the show were going to support humanitarian efforts for the people in Gaza. Not Hamas. There is no evidence Swift has ever given money to support Hamas, and she hasn't gone on record about the war.

As for Swift and Kelce's romance, it doesn't feel scripted at all. She's a big star, and gets about 30 seconds of screen time a game over a 3 hour+ broadcast. Jack Nicholson used to get similar screen time during Laker games and Billy Crystal during Clippers games. Having non-sports stars at sports games and them getting screen time is not a new phenomenon at all.

• Agree x 10
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. GatorPrincess8

I guess you forgot about Brenda Warner in 1999?

6. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    When I find my mind inventing petty complaints or worries, I tell myself, "If this is all I have to worry/complain about, I've got it made." IMO, you should look at this post as evidence that you've got it good.

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. GatorPrincess8

You know nothing about my life In FACT I DO NOT HAVE IT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you want to be an internet cowboy. All I want to do is watch a good game and not see a bare chested Jason Kelce and see and or hear about Taylor and Travis a trillion times.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Personally I could take her or leave her. It is just mind boggling how worked up some snowflakes get about her. Get out more, take a walk, find some hobbies.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Correct. My post was only directed at what I knew from your post.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Most "libs" are indifferent towards Taylor Swift. I did, however, laugh hard at Jason Kelce's shirtless act, particularly after reading the article where he explained his thinking. If 30 seconds of Taylor Swift ruins your football-watching experience, don't watch. Me? Life's short. I like football. I'm going to enjoy the game. Don't care one way or another if Taylor Swift is there.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. GatorPrincess8

To be honest my interest waned when the kneeling started.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  12. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Seems more likely to me that two rich, celebrity 30-somethings who many people would love to date actually find each other attractive and like each other.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Say wat? You mean you are not driven to worship Tailor with her stunning and never before heard tunes of angst about being jilted by boyfriends and lovers?
    I mean this subject has never been put to music before! LMAO

Nothing and I mean NOTHING (well maybe Kim Kardashians encyclopedia of failed lovers) equals Swift's stunning revelations about matters of the heart!

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. GatorPrincess8

I don't listen to music younger that 2010. The rest is crap. So only song I know of Taylor's teardrops on my guitar and the song she did for 50 Shades.

16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I only need one (1) celebrity at any sporting event.

The John 3:15 guy with the orange wig.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I think it's much ado about nothing, Princess. You have too much going on in your personal life to get so worked up about the girlfriend of an NFL player. If this relationship is anything like her previous ones you probably won't see her at games in the upcoming season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I get a kick out of Taylor Swift and these threads about her......Why? because I couldn't tell you what she looks like or any of her songs. The only TV I watch anymore is old 60s & 70s westerns and Gator football games during season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. GatorPrincess8

I have had this exchange with someone on Facebook. She couldn't take being wrong, so she accused me of being mean. I did not call her a name or anything. I did say she is a liberal, but that's the truth she is. I wanted to say sweetheart if you can't take the truth about your most powerful woman in the world Taylor swift you need some therapy. I know I need therapy. I have friends I have known for 35 years that are liberals and we disagree, but we remain friends. I don't know about some people losing friends because of politics it makes me sad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. GatorPrincess8

I guess I got worked up over nothing, but it peeved me off when the headlines stated she saved the NFL because she brought her friends fans that know nothing about foot and those of us that fought hard for the guys to accept us you know?