Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

NOTE: IMPORTANT! Use The Game Threads During The Games!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RayGator, Sep 5, 2015.

1. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    Just our Annual Reminder when a New Football Season Kicks Off:

From the time the TV announcers begin to spout off before Kickoff until the Officials walk off the field when they say the game is over, please keep all posts and comments in the Game Threads posted. That's Gator Games and other games of interest that have been posted for everyone.

Whether it's about the TV Announcers, the Officials, the Coaches, the Players, the Bands, the Fans in The Stands, the Parking Lot, or Whatever, again keep it all on the Game Threads that have been posted once TV coverage begins to when the Officials leave. Experience has shown in the past that when side threads begin about about something, it just encourages more, and dupe threads because of all the clutter that they can bring to more than Page 1. And the Game Thread that has been set up, gets ignored. So, one Game Thread on one Game

Now if it gets close to a Kickoff time on a game you might think may be of interest to others, go ahead and post it if you like to do so IF you do not see we've already had it posted. Just a good idea to check just more than Page 1. Sometimes game threads posted can fall back a page or two before their Kickoff begins and attention on the game begins to, of course, picks up.

Thanks and Go Gators! It's almost Time! :)

We will have game threads for all SEC football games as well as FSU and Miami.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SWAMP1

SWAMP1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 2, 2013
    Thanks, Ray, for running a class-act board as it is always a pleasure to peruse and post.

GO GATORS!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mamag8ter

mamag8ter VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks Ray. Being a Den rat, I will be on chat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    And I will add....if you can't handle a little ADVERSITY.....the game thread is NOT for you.

We're in the game until the final whistle blows.

If you can't handle that - go for a walk or something USEFUL!

Try acting like you've been there before...and leave the drama for those who haven't.

Respectfully,
    Baz :)

• Like Like x 5
  5. tgatorstew

tgatorstew GC Legend

May 16, 2007
    I apologize as I created a thread about the game and should not have just now. I won't make that mistake again.

6. OBblooded

OBblooded Senior

Aug 5, 2014
    Ray, I just wanted to say thank you for your game threads, I am at North Camp in the Sinai Peninsula, no U.S. tv, and the wifi is too slow to stream games (even just the radio broadcast) so I rely heavily on the game threads and the refresh button to get a feel for the games.
    I appreciate your hard work and reliability.

Thanks again Ray.

• Like Like x 3
  7. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    My goodness, what great comments! I appreciate it very much. I really do. It does take time, sometimes a lot, to get a game thread, whether it's Gator or another game of interest, organized and posted. I have goals. One is to post the best game threads on any sports fan site for any team anywhere. Just a volunteer here, not a paid staff guy. Another goal is to anticipate any possible question someone's going to have, and get it posted before it's even thought of, then asked:)

And what I do on here pales in comparison to what your have to do. Without guys like you, I would not have, and none of us would, the freedom to do the things we like to do everyday. May God bless and protect you and all your buddies, and bring you all safely home.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

Appreciate your service, sir...stay safe and GO GATORS!

• Like Like x 4
  9. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    2018. GATOR Football Games are Soon Underway! :)

GO GATORS!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  10. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    And the 2019 season is just one day away now!

GO GATORS!

11. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Go RayGator

Like you always did

12. RayGator

RayGator Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Lakeland, Florida USA.
    And Thanks to all Gators and Friends for Posting in the Official Game Thresds.

13. ecogator

ecogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ocala
    Please keep it civil in the game thread. If things start going bad don’t attack the players, athletic directors, recruiters and coaches. Don’t make personal attacks against your fellow Gator fans. Disagree all you want but do it civilly and with class. This is not political. This is football.

As The Beach Boys sang so many years ago.....

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    Reminder:

We will have game threads for every SEC football game this season. The most threads for that will be 7. We will throw in a Miami and FSU game thread so that will be nine.''

Others may start a game thread for other games if there is interest.

15. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    When is the UF-SC coming out?

16. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    Wednesday first thing